• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what the????

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i always read that when tegus get larger and heavier they tend to stay on the ground and dont climb. well nero dont seem to think thats true. now in my reptile i use a old twin bed frame(the kind that you can adjust the height) as a temp stand when i get my 2 75 gals. its about 16" off the ground but nero always manages to climb on top of it. i have a old 30 gal. tub that i used for nero when he was a hatchling. i had it(kinda) setup for my red tegu in case him and achilles didnt get along(they didnt) i had to take a double take because i saw a dark figure curled up in it low and behold it was nero sleep under the heat lamp. apparently he climbs on the bedframe an go in through the top when there is no lid on lol. before i took him out i snapped a few pics. plus a pic of neros stub tail here they go:

d14.jpg

d18.jpg

d1.jpg

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
LOL. That is to cute. Tegus can do such crazy things sometimes. Our Leonidas is so used to sleeping with us sometimes in the bed ( when we take a nap ) that when we let him free roam around the house and we forget to close the bedroom door he will walk into the bedroom and crawl into the bed. At the beginning it took us a while to find him but now we know where to look if we don't see or hear him walking around. To bad you don't have a video off Nero doing this :) .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029