• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Where I work (WARNING- PICTURE HEAVY)

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Burmese tend to be pretty calm snakes. Easily tamed. Ours are total sweethearts. Just continue what you are doing and hold him often. Good luck! Burmese are AWESOME snakes.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Yea burmese are my favorite kind of snake to keep. I had to rehome my male albino before I moved and it really broke my heart. I can't wait to get a bigger place so I can own one again.

angelrose

5 Year Member
I was told to get a t-shirt that I wore and put it in with him. put it over my hand and most of my arm so he would know my scent.
well, I gave it a try this a.m. and let's just say my arm looks like something a rat gnawed on. 9 hits and 1 bite. it's not bad rather have him do it now then when he is bigger. (very strong snake for being only about 3 ft).

since I just got him Wednesday night ...I thought to myself I should wait about 2 weeks to let him get used to his home first and let him just watch me for a while. I'm positive he can smell me that way.

what was the size of your burmese when you got him :?: and how long did you wait to handle him :?:

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Angelrose, I assume you are talking to me, but if not I will answer anyway.

My first burm I got as a baby... around 2 feet long. He didn't live very long because he had mites when I bought him that spread rapidly and during treatment he passed on. It was really hard for me because I worked so hard with him to kill those buggers, but they took him away from me. He was an amazingly calm snake and never struck, hissed or bit at me at all.

Then I found someone who was selling an 8 foot long male that I picked up. That's the burm I was talking about earlier. I got him at about 8 feet long, sold him at about 10-11 feet long. He was tame from day one. At first he was hesistant with me, but after a few weeks every time I came into the room he would dance up on the glass to come out and play. Literally, I would open the top and he would slither out onto my shoulders. I still have a picture of him and I from the first month I had him. This was when he was still around 8 feet. I had him for about 2 years and then had to sell him because I was moving into a smaller apartment, and my mom only let me keep my boa and my savannah monitor, because she didn't mind them as much. The savannah monitor died shortly after I moved out (I was a complete mess about it) and the boa is still alive and thriving. I then started getting animals at my apartment, and was hiding them at first, but then asked my landlord if they were ok, and she has no problem with them. I am moving in a few weeks and my new landlord has no problem with them either. Its really nice to see people are warming up to reptiles.

Wow sorry for the rant, but here is an old picture of me and my burm, Aiden (wow I look SO young!)

meaiden1.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice! beautiful snake.. I have never ownd a larger snake myself, but will one day.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
Very nice! beautiful snake.. I have never ownd a larger snake myself, but will one day.

They are SO worth it. Expensive to feed, but they are just amazing creatures. If you can handle Tegus, you can handle big snakes any day.

angelrose

5 Year Member
Azaleah said:
Angelrose, I assume you are talking to me, but if not I will answer anyway.

My first burm I got as a baby... around 2 feet long. He didn't live very long because he had mites when I bought him that spread rapidly and during treatment he passed on. It was really hard for me because I worked so hard with him to kill those buggers, but they took him away from me. He was an amazingly calm snake and never struck, hissed or bit at me at all.

lol. your not ranting. I appreciate hearing about other people's experience. thank you.
and yes he is as beautiful as he looks sweet. I can't wait till mine gets bigger. great pic.

I still do believe this burm is good. he could have got me a heck alot more times cause I go in there often and fix things up. and would you believe after what did happen this morning I picked him up again and placed him in his permanent home and he even let me touch him first. I really think that T-shirt thing that was suggested to me scared him. what do you think ?

and I am still looking for more.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Azaleah - They just put out a bunch of Columbian/Peruvian cross RTB's at All Pets in Wallingford. Most of them have BCI saddles but BCC tails. Some have some peeks on the saddles. The sister to the Suriname we bought is next to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu