• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which Become More Tame, Black and Whites or Reds?

carcharios

5 Year Member
I was under the impression that in general, Black and Whites and Reds had about the same disposition and both could become "dog-tame". However, after reading another forum, I keep hearing how Reds tend to be more affectionate towards their owners than Black and Whites, with Columbians being the worst. Have you guys found this to be the case?

Carcharios

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
To me, they are both the same as far as disposition goes. They all have different personalities and it just depends on how much time you spend with the beast.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
I would say they are basically the same, and again like Ralphy stated, each different tegu is like a human being, all with different personalities...and also how it is raised will help alot. You are also forgetting Bobby's extreme giants, which are also said to be extremely tame even right from the eggs. The only tegus I have doubts of being tame is the Columbian and that is me basing my opinion off the average columbian which is very flighty and agressive, again they are all different and there are some Columbian owners out there with tame ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029