• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

which substrate holds humidity the best?

Ik that eco earth holds humidity pretty well, but its kinda expensive to get alot of it and its annoying to soak the bricks and squeze the water out. But ive heard that cypress mulch (from lowes or home depot) keeps humidity in pretty well also. Which ones better? and should i put moss in if the humidity isnt high enough? and idk of u guys ever heard of the hagen exo terra fogger but its this thing u put in the dish bowl that makes mist. Does this work well too if its not high enough?

kim86

I mix soil and sand together, keeps it pretty humid and the sand helps prevent mold from forming.

apocalypse910

Tree Fern Fiber & coconut husk is fantastic. My current mix was very very dusty so I added a large bag of each into the mix and it has done wonders for the humidity and consistency of the soil.

awsome thanks! and what kind of sand and soil? does regualar play sand and top soil from lowes or home depot work? and is it bad for babys to have this substrate incase they injest it? and if it is should i take him/her (didnt get a tegu yet) out of the enclosure to feed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu