• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Which substrate?

Skeetzy

I'm completely stuck on what to do for substrate. Seriously been leaving this for last minute, because I can't decide for many reasons. Looking for some input!

My options I've come up with, due to what's available locally. I need about 1 cu yd(7'x4'x1') of mulch to fill my cage.

Hemlock-$39 unbagged/$65 bagged(14 2 cu ft bags @ $4.50 ea). Don't really have access to a truck to pick it up unbagged though. Concerned with mold.

Cypress-Only one local place carries this, and I'm looking at $95(9 3 cu ft bags @ $9.99 ea). Is the extra money worth it?

EcoEarth-I personally love the look of this, but from what I can understand, I need somewhere around 90 bricks of it(Each brick makes 8L's of substrate, need about 750L of substrate), which means way over $100.

Topsoil/Playsand mixture-Not quite sure how much of each I would need, like what mixture to use.

The money really isn't the issue, but I feel like I'm over calculating something when I come up with these prices/estimates. Either way, opinions or suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont