• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

white throat monitor for sale

kaiman

i have 2 female white throat monitor for sale * 2000$ + ship *
one 4 ft one 3 ft
dog tame never bite
pictures are available
serious buyer only
thanks !

xocrieox

2000 is a really high price in my opintion ,when you can go on backwater reptiles and buy juvies for under 200

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
xocrieox said:
2000 is a really high price in my opintion ,when you can go on backwater reptiles and buy juvies for under 200

Grendel said:
Thats what I'm saying, there are white throats on kingsanke and fauna 3 feet plus for 300.

Can you guys post some links to these cheap White Throats? The only one I see available is a 6' male for $1200.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
xocrieox said:

When you say backwater reptiles, you talkin about these folk?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318317&highlight=backwater

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
You guys clearly have absolutely no knowledge of monitor species. Blackthroat monitors are 300 dollars or under 200 or whatever prices you're listing. Those are what you are seeing, no matter what they're advertised as. TRUE white throats are rare and are therefore extremely expensive, especially females. Please research before you make posts like this.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are advertising them, but I'm willing to bet they haven't had any available for a few years at least.

Grendel

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298151&highlight=White+throat+monitor

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314954&highlight=White+throat

jwyo

Not saying anything as to anything other than 1 1/2-2 monthes is hardly a very very long time ago. Even the one from january is not a time frame outside the realm of a price check....

But it is a free market anyone can ask anything they want for their animals.

Grendel

Sure, anyone can ask what they want. If one is serious/ motivated to sell, and not just fishing for someone who will pay a high price ( either from ignorance, or impulse with money to back it up), one makes a reasonable offer.
I would like to sell my tegus for 800 each because they are big, healthy, I think they are awesome, and I probably put that much in time and money over the years, but that does not mean they are worth that. Also considering that a lot of reptiles show up in cycles at certain parts of the year, January and April this year, is not a long long time ago.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Are you considering buying it? Probably not. Are you selling it? No so get over it. Why did you find it necessary to comment... It's really not your place. If it really means that much to you you could have politely pmd him and told him your views on the price of his animal. I doubt he cares about your opinion very much, but that would have been a better route to take.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And now that we know why everyone is commenting, let's leave it at that, shall we? Potential buyers certainly have enough info to make their own decisions.

Thelegendofcharlie

5 Year Member
Thelegendofcharlie said:
Grendel said:
How about serious sellers only...

Why do you say that Grendel?
do we have another scammer in our midsts?

Id just like to say I didnt mean to insinuate the OP was trying to scam.
I was just wondering if we had another Nigerian in our midsts like a few weeks back.
And as stated by others, people that are taking it upon themselves to post so called market values without substantiation should refrain from posting here.
What started as a simple sales add has been tarnished by ignorant responses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980