• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who here rinses, bakes, or uses other methods on susbstrate?

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
I just bought a few bags or Orchid bark today to get my home ready for Tegu (that I don't have yet). I'm wondering if it is necessary to clean the stuff first. I know some people bake it and some people rinse it. What are your guy's experiences with this? Ever had bad bugs in it that are worrisome? Let me know. Thanks

-BLAIR

Jer723

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I buy the 3 cu.ft. bags od Cypress mulch at Agway. They store it outside. I've never had a problem with bugs.

hey dave, my dad just called the local agway and they said they dont carry it anymore, because of some eco friendly organization who is spazzing because were using cypress mulch, im thinking about switching to repti bark, hmph!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
DaveDragon said:
I buy the 3 cu.ft. bags od Cypress mulch at Agway. They store it outside. I've never had a problem with bugs.

hey dave, my dad just called the local agway and they said they dont carry it anymore, because of some eco friendly organization who is spazzing because were using cypress mulch, im thinking about switching to repti bark, hmph!
They still stock it in Meriden & North Haven, not too far a drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029