• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Who's tegu is hibernating?

jntann

5 Year Member
mine has been down for a month now. it is very boring....he does not come out. but I have a peek hole where I can watch him. and he does change positions. in his burrow. he moves around alittle bit.

axeslinger39

5 Year Member
Mine has been out to bask every so often them back under the bark.Hasn't eaten in a month.Just got her in sept and she about 3 months old,Gradually dropping the temps.Night time has been around 70ish.She will come out for a hour to bask in the late morning then goes back..I hate hibernation but I know they need it..Axe

damo

5 Year Member
i got two tegus this weekend i am hoping to breed from them and understand you have to hibernate them every year my female is 8 months old and very shy and although she does have a wonder round the viv she spends a lot of time in her hide and is very shy and frightend this is fine with me at the moment she is a argen red and i understand reds are a bit more wary than the black and whites i also have a year old black and white male who has been a lot of fun he spent the day basking today and we havent had him out what i need to know is what temp should i have my female
at this time of year and how much day light

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me