• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

why do you keep bred hybrids?

Tensleep

Saloli said:
I'm curiouse about the hybrids, I don't care for them but wonder why you do.
Why do people buy the newest model car? Is it any better? No, it isn't, but it looks different from what they've been driving doesn't it? Human nature at its core. Note: not everyone is into morphs.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't really have a reason as to why I like hybrids. I just like things that are a little different from the normal I guess. I do not consider Tegu hybrids as hybrids, but more of a color morph.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
^^ please do nto confuse "morphs" with "hybrids"... they are completely different results from completely different occurances...

Simple answer to the original question, I do not keep hybrids... (though I do keep/breed morphs)...

I do not like hybrids in general, though I do not "morally oppose" them either. In my experience most people like hybrids because they like the idea of having something unique. Many people who make hybrid crosses do so hoping to develop something new.

Saloli

To be completely honest I don't care for selectively bred plants or animals I would rather maintain the diversity, then reduce it. I do make exception for species like cattle who are extict in the wild. My last cat was a siberian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980