• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Will My Tegu Unbond?

tegumama3131

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I recently adopted a 1.5 year old black & white male tegu. We’ll have had him for 10 days before we go on an 18-day trip. Originally, we weren’t planning on adopting him until after the trip but due to circumstances had to receive him early and the trip cannot be canceled. He’s been very friendly with us and super curious every time he free roams; his enclosure is huge and has 2 stories. While we’re gone, my boyfriend’s dad is going to let him out each day and feed him (woo!).

My first question is whether or not you all think we will return to a tegu who has unbonded with us/doesn’t like us (this seems so silly to type out but I’m nervous!!). Also, do you all have tips we can pass on to my boyfriend’s dad for care while we’re gone? We’ve told him to continuing feeding him outside of the enclosure in a dish and to let him free roam for 30 - 90 min each day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980