• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wondering about outdoor enclosures??

Darkangel92

5 Year Member
I am looking into getting a tegu in the future after i get some life problems straighted out. I'm looking into getting a Columbian black and white or a Blue tegu as they are the smallest. I live in Florida and was wondering if it is ok to house a tegu outside in florida because of the weather? If not, which im guessing not lol, then what is the easiest and or cheapest kind of indoor enclosure to build?

Thanks,
Sara

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Outdoor enclosures are great for tegus. The founder of this website Bobby Hill is from FL and he keeps all his tegus outside year around. Keep in mind he only deals with hibernating species. The Colombians are thought to not hibernate so you might need to pull them inside for the winters.

The cheapest way to do indoor housing would be to build your own enclosure. Use the search function on the site and you will find a lot of useful info.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Most definitely pull your Colombian inside for winter! Mine was in the garage temporarily while we moved over the holidays. We had a cold snap and it got down to maybe the 50's in the garage. She did not look very happy the next day and we promptly moved her back inside.

I'm so fortunate that it didn't turn into a terrible mistake! I just completely forgot about the Colombian cold sensitivity issue and placed them in the same vicinity as my others until we could get everyone settled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan