• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Would a tegu hibernate in shed?

ReptileGuy

The title for this one pretty much gets to the point lol. I'm just wondering if steve would go into hibernation while still in shed or wait until he is done....Like Deac77's gu, Steve has been buried for 6 days and has a MASSIVE mound in front of his hide entrance.

KABIKANO

[/color][/size][/font]
ReptileGuy said:
The title for this one pretty much gets to the point lol. I'm just wondering if steve would go into hibernation while still in shed or wait until he is done....Like Deac77's gu, Steve has been buried for 6 days and has a MASSIVE mound in front of his hide entrance.

[size=large]HE KOULD HAVE SHED IN HIS HIDE. BUT TO ALLEVIATE THE WORRY OF STUCK SHED, JUST MAKE SURE HUMIDITY IS AT CORRECT LEVELS ESPECIALLY IN THEIR HIDES. I DON'T THINK THE AMOUNT OF DIRT, MASSIVE OR NOT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM BRUMATING OR HIBERNATING OR NOT. IT'S JUST HOW MUCH DIRT THEY HAD TO MOVE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THEIR HIDE.

HIBERNATE-COMPLETELY DORMANT. NO ACTIVITY WHAT-SO-EVER.

BRUMATE-WINTER DORMANCY. TO BE IN A SEMI-HIBERNATION STATE IN WHICH A REPTILE SLEEPS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AND EATS VERY LITTLE AS WELL AS SLOWING DOWN OF ALL OTHER DAILY ACTIVITY. WHEN IN THIS STATE, THE REPTILE CAN BE EASILY AWAKENED.
[/size]

ReptileGuy

KABIKANO said:
[/color][/size][/font]
ReptileGuy said:

[size=large]HE KOULD HAVE SHED IN HIS HIDE. BUT TO ALLEVIATE THE WORRY OF STUCK SHED, JUST MAKE SURE HUMIDITY IS AT CORRECT LEVELS ESPECIALLY IN THEIR HIDES. I DON'T THINK THE AMOUNT OF DIRT, MASSIVE OR NOT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM BRUMATING OR HIBERNATING OR NOT. IT'S JUST HOW MUCH DIRT THEY HAD TO MOVE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THEIR HIDE.

HIBERNATE-COMPLETELY DORMANT. NO ACTIVITY WHAT-SO-EVER.

BRUMATE-WINTER DORMANCY. TO BE IN A SEMI-HIBERNATION STATE IN WHICH A REPTILE SLEEPS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME AND EATS VERY LITTLE AS WELL AS SLOWING DOWN OF ALL OTHER DAILY ACTIVITY. WHEN IN THIS STATE, THE REPTILE CAN BE EASILY AWAKENED.
[/size]

Thanks, the humidity is perfect and raised a bit since he is shedding...I can never mist the hide though as always has it blocked up.

KABIKANO

[/quote]Thanks, the humidity is perfect and raised a bit since he is shedding...I can never mist the hide though as always has it blocked up.
[/quote]

[size=large]JUST POUR SOME WATER AROUND THE HIDE, IT WILL ABSORB INTO THE INSIDE OF HIS HIDE.[/size]

ReptileGuy

Thanks, the humidity is perfect and raised a bit since he is shedding...I can never mist the hide though as always has it blocked up.
[/quote]

[size=large]JUST POUR SOME WATER AROUND THE HIDE, IT WILL ABSORB INTO THE INSIDE OF HIS HIDE.[/size]
[/quote]

Will do! Thanks!

Deac77

5 Year Member
Kirby came out today so it seems like it might be a stress thing or they are coming out when we are gone Kirby hasn't finished his she either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980