• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wow where has the time gone

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So i was looking through some pictures i had online of Bosco my older blue and i was thinking back about how long I have had him and it will be five years this Decemeber, he will be five in october but i waited to actully get him. I can not believe how much he has changed from the little guy in the deli cup to the big puppy dog lizard he is today. So here are some year to year pics of him as he has grown through the years.

Bosco when i first got him
Image030.jpg

Bosco at a year of age
tegu3010.jpg

tegunew005.jpg

Seem to be missing any from year two

Three years of age
Tegu024.jpg

140016.jpg

Four years of age
Tegus004.jpg

Tegus007.jpg

Him now at roughly 4 1/2years old. He will be 5 this up coming october. I can not belive where the time has gone
IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man i got really lucky with him. I got him from a breeder in Mesa, AZ back in 06. He was a runt and they guy was not sure if he was going to do well. I took a chance and wow i was amazed. He was tame right out of the deli cup ate everything and has just been amazing. Best gamble i ever took. I tried to contact the seller the next year but i guess they moved. Now i just want to tell them THANK YOU!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome Gu, does he use that block to help him shed. I was thinking about putting one in my enclosure for that purpose.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The block was to help creat a higher basking area so he could get to a warmer area if he wanted. Now its one the ground level. He does rub up against it now and then but the thing that really helps with sheding is his sleeping/humidity box. Its moss and right under the heat light. It creats a nice warm and humidity area. Ya the first year was crazy, i was amazed how much he ate and how fast he grew. Now im just enjoying having him hanging around the house. He does not eat much now but he is filling out.

Thanks all.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chelvis said:
The block was to help creat a higher basking area so he could get to a warmer area if he wanted. Now its one the ground level. He does rub up against it now and then but the thing that really helps with sheding is his sleeping/humidity box. Its moss and right under the heat light. It creats a nice warm and humidity area. Ya the first year was crazy, i was amazed how much he ate and how fast he grew. Now im just enjoying having him hanging around the house. He does not eat much now but he is filling out.

Thanks all.

The reason I ask about the block is when my guy was shedding the other day, I noticed him trying to rub up against things to get the shed off. Problem is everything in the enclosure is smooth and didn't help much.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Wow ,no matter how much i read,hear and see pics about Tegu's fast growth i am always amazed with how "fast" they grow, that is one of the things i am really looking forward to see when i get my tegu.

Your blue looks great. You did a great job raising him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029