• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

yellow tegu

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are not legal to export, so you won't find one. Unless you are talking about the gold Colombian.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AP27 said:
There's such a thing as a yellow separate from the golds?

Yes there is, Tupinambis Duseni. http://www.faunaparaguay.com/tupinambisduseni.html

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some black and whites turn yellow at different times of the year, its not the same as a yellow tegu though :(

got10

I remember a friend of mine that works in customs in KIA in NY . He told me that people bring in all sorts of stuff in the luggage. And he told me of a guy returning from Paraguay last April . They caught smuggling in a bunch of animals . And among the parcels he was bringing in was three yellow GU's stuffed into PVC pipes along with some other assorted birds and animals .
And since he knew i was into reptiles he asked me if they didn't destroy them if I wanted one . Of the three (none of which i got) one was dead as were most of the birds and the others were in piss poor shape . . I wish I knew what happened to them and I wish i got there to take at least ONE. But you know how red tape goes . I still wanted to where they ended up

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I knew someone who had a pair of tegus for breeding that were of a different type than we see in the pet trade. I can't remember what he said they were and I've never heard of any offspring. I often wonder what happened to that project.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu