• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Your largest Tegu?

larissalurid

I agree, love the pictures! I've seen pics of the other tegu next to the coke can before as well lol. I love seeing pictures though.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
larissalurid said:
I agree, love the pictures! I've seen pics of the other tegu next to the coke can before as well lol. I love seeing pictures though.

I got those pics off this site. I show them to everyone I know because it's such an impressive animal. When I first showed my mom, she flipped thinking Kodo was gonna get that size, lol.

[attachment=4378][attachment=4377]
Here's a couple of pics demonstrating Kodo's size. Not the biggest of tegus, especially compared to some of these Argentine dragons, but at about a yard long he's still a small dinosaur.

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 11

Brandon7777

Here's my red, D'Argo. He's 10 years old this year, and this picture was taken about 3 or 4 years ago. He was 57" and about 28 pounds. I haven't measured or weighed him in a while though. I'm 6'2", so that should give you some scale. My B&W male is 4' and about 18 pounds, my RedXB&W female is about 3.5' and I'm guessing around 10 pounds (never weighed her), and my baby male extreme is 3'. I can't wait to see how big he will get when he's an adult!

bnd.jpg

larissalurid

Brandon7777 said:
Here's my red, D'Argo. He's 10 years old this year, and this picture was taken about 3 or 4 years ago. He was 57" and about 28 pounds. I haven't measured or weighed him in a while though. I'm 6'2", so that should give you some scale. My B&W male is 4' and about 18 pounds, my RedXB&W female is about 3.5' and I'm guessing around 10 pounds (never weighed her), and my baby male extreme is 3'. I can't wait to see how big he will get when he's an adult!

bnd.jpg

Wow he is beautiful! Thank you for the picture. I love to see the ones of them being held lol.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I thought only "extreme giants" got as big as that red. Oh wait, that red is almost 5 feet and coincidentally not an extreme giant. That's a beautiful red.

larissalurid

TegusRawsome80 said:
I thought only "extreme giants" got as big as that red. Oh wait, that red is almost 5 feet and coincidentally not an extreme giant. That's a beautiful red.

There are giants smaller than reg B&W and reds. It all depends on the tegu. a giant might be small or one of the other two can be quite large.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
heres george hes my male blue tegu, hes about 2 years old now & just hit 49" & still going, hes started to bulk up now especialy his head, i dont know his weight unfortunatly, but hes starting to make my arm ach. hes a right softy.
IMAG0548.jpg
[/img]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu