• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

1 and 1/2 year old male tegu.

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
It doesn't matter what age you get, just don't want you to be disappointed is all. Would hate to see you become overwhelmed with your first one. :)

Draco D Tegu

I don't know, there is some guy here trying to sell his B/W for 250 on CL (posting comes up in the Philly Area) and a columbian for 100. Red flag on the columbian ergo, red flag on B/W too.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just great,.. I previewed my message but didn't post and lost it. Gotta love search history sometimes.

So,.. in the philly area I saw two ads posted by the same person one is for an AA for 250 if it's truly and AA then great price but the Colombian ad doesn't have a price.
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pet/2863415561.html
http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/2859160458.html

I don't know if those are the ones you were talking about.

On another note there was a nice female posted earlier this month for 160 I think,.. don't know if she's still available. If she is don't know if they're willing to ship.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pet/2843632091.html

Draco D Tegu

No, he also had a B/W listed. Same guy though. I texted him to get the prices. I'm not gonna pay 100 for a Columbian (which is more what I was interested in). I can one for $40 at the local mom and pop shop...he was calling it a hybrid LOL.

Actually.....I think I dealt with this guy before.....was looking through some old info, and if memory serves, he backed out of a deal on me with no notice (sold snakes to another while I was driving up to them).

But I DID find another local to my job :) Waiting for details on this one!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rango and Gary were ~2' when I got them in May 2011. They were both right around 2 years. They were fed one or two mice once a week or so. I used a multi vitamin and started feeding them daily. Gary was a little over 3 feet when I found him a new home in July or August. Rango is around 3.5' and before he started to brumate he was ~7-8lbs.

tegtaker007

I agree with chris, my red Oscar is 6 1/2 monthes measured him today and hes 18in. just to give you an idea of age/ size. @ chris i see strom is healing up great! thats awsome.

Bk101

My tegu is a columbian and is 1 year and 7 months and is exactally 24 inches. He has a very good varied diet and is happy and healthy... but at this point columbians are usually smaller then argentines right??

Bwindi

I have a female B&W that is about a year and a half now and she is a little under 2 feet, but she was VERY small when i received her and she hibernated much longer than my other tegu. she has a healthy diet and is extremely happy otherwise and continues to grow at a rapid pace

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: 1 and 1/2 year old male tegu.

tegtaker007 said:
I agree with chris, my red Oscar is 6 1/2 monthes measured him today and hes 18in. just to give you an idea of age/ size. @ chris i see strom is healing up great! thats awsome.

The blk and wht argentine I just purchased locally is 17in. (Nose to tip of tail)... they were estimating him at 2 or so months old...I'm wondering if older or just a rapid grower (?) He only has a couple faint hints of green on head ...and from what I've read they lose that green at 2 months.he is wicked calm and looooves to be petted and handled, so whatever his actual age I'm grateful for that! :heart:

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

bfb345

Hibernation plays a huge role in the growth cycle since there is no food ingested i have seen some half the size due to hibernation it is odd but its just what happens lol

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Niles won't wake up. I want him to grooooowwwwww! Haha. But he only woke up a few days now he's down for the count again...ugh

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

tommylee22

Here is my 1.5yr old male tegu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132

maxxdout

My rescue came from tegus only. I've heard mixed things. Any ides what the bad reviews are about? Other than being wild caught

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980