• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

8'x4'x4' Tegu Cage Tutorial

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have glass, wood framed doors that swing downward on hinges and don't have any problems with the weight.

fisheric

adam1120 said:
i have a local glass place looks reallly old and im pretty sure they sell glass cheaplol is glass cheap?>

It depends. Glass can be really cheap if you salvage it from a window or tank.

At the hardware store it can get more expensive. Plus it has to be cut.

If you were working on a 8' enclosure you could get/make a track. so that one side slides over the other. You could have one side all the way open at a time.

I may build something like this next time

pPETS-9831286dt.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have plexi on one enclosure and while its really light it scratches really easily and dosnt look very great as a display enclosure. I have real glass on gurus enclosure an its been amazing,if you can afford it id suggest skipping the plexi.

adam1120

yea lol i love your tank haha ur is the one i showed my gf thats excatly how i want mine to be lol expect with gold hendges:D

Non Crimen

Ebrech said:
hum it's nice but how do you make it fit tru the door if you want to have it inside ? xD

I had a friends Grandpa make ours. He built it in two pieces or sections each 24 inches wide and then used door hinges for reassembly once it is in our son's room. I think my son posted some photos.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Eh you could build it in pieces, or build it inside of the room that you want it in. I chose to put casters on this one and roll it in and out of the garage. This thing has been torn down for years now though lol.

Andrew Farrell

Hey! So I am looking into a Tegu but the cages I've found are expensive as I only have the room to also use the cage as a bed stand. (I have 0 space haha) I was wondering if I added extra supports if it could hold a twin sized bed and up to a 180 LB male? Thanks - Andrew

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980