• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BEWARE OF THESE IMPORTS!!!

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i have nerd on here at least 5 times.what is it?some reptiles store or rep site that knows alot about reptiles?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Does he eat at all I know my b/w hasnt been eating much since i picked him up last friday and he is a '10 baby from bobby so im guessing he still needs to adjust

herpgirl2510

Someone said they saw my posts and called NERD and they told her their tegus were from a wholesaler in Florida so they are most likely imports. I am really angry I specifically asked about that and was not given that answer.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
frost said:
i have nerd on here at least 5 times.what is it?some reptiles store or rep site that knows alot about reptiles?

Nerd is known for their work with albino water monitors.
herpgirl2510 said:
Someone said they saw my posts and called NERD and they told her their tegus were from a wholesaler in Florida so they are most likely imports. I am really angry I specifically asked about that and was not given that answer.

It sucks when you find out you didn't get what you paid for, but unless you hear it from nerd's mouth there is no way to know for sure where he came from.

herpgirl2510

NERD is also known for their work with ball python morphs. Kevin McCurley wrote the book. "the complete ball python a comprehensive guide to care, breeding and genetic mutations. They are in plaistow New Hampshire

herpgirl2510

I know zoo creatures is part of NERD. Zoo creatures is where you go to buy their lizards, ball pythons , reptile supplies etc. I know they have a pair of argentine tegus they have had together to mate at least since I got mine a few weeks ago. I don't know if this is the first time they are breeding them themselves.
Someone n the the other tegu forum called them today because the were curious about where they got there tegus. They told her they were from a wholesaler in Florida. I specifically had asked whether mine came form that situation I was told it did not. However they told the person today that the ones they have had for the last few months are from a wholesaler which probably means they were farmed in S america. Basically I was given false information by two people there.

That is pretty much a deal breaker on trusting a place. Hopefull Kevin will return my email.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hopefully you're tegu is healthy, it looks like it is from the pictures. It will probably be a bit more work if it is a S. hem. baby. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this, its ridiculous that people can be so shady when it comes to making a profit. I had skimmed their website before a couple months ago and I'm fairly confident I remember seeing a tegu or two on their available section.

herpgirl2510

I am wondering if they were more honest with the girl that called yesterday because I have been questioning them so much. I am lucky except for the eating part he is super friendly does not even wiggle anymore when I pick him up and scratches to come out. They have had red tegus, argentine, and columbian tegus available for a few months. I am so surprised they are supposed to be such a reputeable business. I feel like calling and telling them how they told the girl yesterday a different story than they told me. I wish I had seen the vanyard posts earlier but I just found this site.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu