• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan giant tegu for trade

OscarSegovia

I recently bought a yearling Chacoan Giant Tegu from TeguTerra about a month ago not knowing what i was getting into. They get pretty big from what i understand and i was looking to trade for one that gets slightly smaller. I will also be attending the Lone Star Reptile Expo in Arlington on March 28 & 29 and we can meet up there. I am looking for anyone in the central texas area willing to trade their red or blue tegu. My tegu comes with a certificate and is eating well now. He hisses a little bit when you go in his tank but is getting used to people now. Email me at [email protected] for pictures because I cant seem to find out how to post them yet on here, Thanks :D

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The best way to post photos is to make a photobucket account. Then you can get the IMG code and paste it here.

if you're looking for a smaller tegu because a chacoan may become too much to deal with, then a red or blue are probably poor choices as well.

OscarSegovia

psychocircus91 said:
if you're looking for a smaller tegu because a chacoan may become too much to deal with, then a red or blue are probably poor choices as well.

That is just a factor I can handle a larger tegu but I wouldnt prefer to have one. I also find the reds and blues more attractive. :)

Your chacoan could be 3.5 feet a full size and your red could be 4.5 feet at full size. It just depends on genetics and other factors. Also, didn't Johnny have reds available at the time of your purchase?

jondancer

how big is the yearling ? 4ft? its mainly going to just gain weight now. maybe your panicking or maybe a tegu is not for you.

OscarSegovia

jondancer said:
how big is the yearling ? 4ft? its mainly going to just gain weight now. maybe your panicking or maybe a tegu is not for you.

I've had a couple of colombians and I LOVE them. Tegus are great and I've just been wanting a blue or red. :)

Cassie

If its aesthetics that you want and size really isn't a problem for you then its not a good idea to flatly state that the size, of your tegu now, is currently a problem.

OscarSegovia

Cassie said:
If its aesthetics that you want and size really isn't a problem for you then its not a good idea to flatly state that the size, of your tegu now, is currently a problem.

Well yea, size isn't really a problem just thought I would put what I heard about chacoans that they get bigger than other tegus. Just really looking for a red or blue.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Someone made an impulse buy and regrets it. What is different between a blue or red and a "Chacoan"? Why do you want one? I hate when people don't do any research before buying an animal and end up reselling it shortly after the purchase.

Ripkabird98

OscarSegovia said:
psychocircus91 said:

That is just a factor I can handle a larger tegu but I wouldnt prefer to have one. I also find the reds and blues more attractive. :)

What does what he looks like matter? I just don't get it. And I'm sure you would tell the people you get the Tegu from "I will love him no matter what!" but you say that after you ditch this tegu like it's hot because it's not pretty enough? I too, am tired of "Red VS Blue, B&W VS Chacoan. Why didn't you get what you wanted instead of the first one? And the only thing that matters is that you LIKE him for him. Not his skin color. It wouldn't of been very cool if your parents put you up for adoption for one reason: An ugly nose. It too is an aesthetic factor but it's no different. I hope the person who gets him loves him, and doesn't just abandon him.

We only give you a hard time because this is a huge issue in the exotic trade. People buy animals on impulse or without doing research, and later it winds up in a shelter or released in the wild, giving all of us a bad name. With an animal as exceptional as a tegu, you should continue working with it and realize that the charm of these animals is their personality and behavior, not their particular color.

Ripkabird98

psychocircus91 said:
We only give you a hard time because this is a huge issue in the exotic trade. People buy animals on impulse or without doing research, and later it winds up in a shelter or released in the wild, giving all of us a bad name. With an animal as exceptional as a tegu, you should continue working with it and realize that the charm of these animals is their personality and behavior, not their particular color.

That's not the only reason. Exotic has nothing to do with it. I would say the same for anything that is known to form a bond with their owner or that is stressed by moving. I would say this about Dogs, cats, fish, finches, anything.

I do agree with everything else though. WHY does the color matter? Work with him and you may just be surprised.

bfb345

Not to be off topic but sugar gliders are known to die when they are sold from their owner the bond is that strong

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A member can post a classified without discussion about his/her reason for doing so. If you would like to speak to the OP about reasons for selling, please PM politely.

Bagnara16

laurarfl said:
A member can post a classified without discussion about his/her reason for doing so. If you would like to speak to the OP about reasons for selling, please PM politely.

I love Laurafl!!! She's such a peacemaker and I couldn't agree more. No need to harass someone for wanting to trade their tegu. I disagree with his actions but u guys are going to make some commit suicide one day with the feedback u give people lol.

Cassie

Bagnara16 said:
u guys are going to make some commit suicide one day with the feedback u give people lol.

I highly doubt someone would harm, let alone kill, themselves because someone is criticizing their husbandry or purchase habits.
I agree some wording can be harsh on this forum, but the world can be a harsh place. Real bullying is a different beast entirely.

And FYI:
Suicide is not a joke, so don't make it out to be one by trivializing it.

Sincerely,
Suicide Survivor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980