• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Colombian Tegu Clutch (with Pictures)

malevolence714

5 Year Member
I have been incubating a clutch of col tegu eggs now for about 65 days. I was wondering about when should they be hatching. I did the candle light on them and I can see them in there moving around and all. So does anyone know how much longer?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: Col Tegu Clutch

malevolence714 said:
I have been incubating a clutch of col tegu eggs now for about 65 days. I was wondering about when should they be hatching. I did the candle light on them and I can see them in there moving around and all. So does anyone know how much longer?

What is your incubation temps? At 87-89 it takes Argentines 58-62 days. Do you have any pictures of them, and how many did they produce?

malevolence714

5 Year Member
Colombian Tegu Clutch

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

So Its been 60 plus days and I was wondering if I should attemp to pip them the way you did on your video. Also if you have any tips for me for when they hatch as far as care and what to expect. This is my first clutch so I dont want to ruin it.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Re: Col Tegu Clutch

VARNYARD said:
malevolence714 said:

What is your incubation temps? At 87-89 it takes Argentines 58-62 days. Do you have any pictures of them, and how many did they produce?

Response from another post:

malevolence714 said:
I have them incubating at 88 degrees right now. She laid 7 eggs, the last one she laid was not fertile and then about a week into it i ended up losing 3 more so right now I have 3 left

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you keeping the eggs in the cage with the tegu? Also do not try to pip the eggs, they will hatch when they are ready. You will need lots of small crickets and ground turkey for the babies, also a tank set up with news paper and UV lighting.

malevolence714

5 Year Member
Colombian Tegu Clutch

No, they are in the incubator that dragon dave posted. I made a smaller version. Also, although the tegus in the egg are active and theres lots of veins and everything, the eggs themselves are changing, getting like divots in them. Should I be worried?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: Colombian Tegu Clutch

malevolence714 said:
No, they are in the incubator that dragon dave posted. I made a smaller version. Also, although the tegus in the egg are active and theres lots of veins and everything, the eggs themselves are changing, getting like divots in them. Should I be worried?

Are you talking about dents? If so you need to add a little moisture.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
malevolence714 said:
Yes that a better description. So what should the humidity be? I have it at 50 right now.

The medium should be damp to the touch, and the humidity should be 80-90%. I mix my medium 1 part water, by weight to two parts dry medium, by weight, 16oz of water to 32oz of dry medium. Another words, one pound of water to two pound of medium.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
Do the eggs dent right before hatching like beardies and snakes?

No, tegu eggs get firmer during incubation and liquid even squirts out of them when they are hatching.

BSM

5 Year Member
now thats something to be proud of. Who can really say that without lying? (you can). cant wait to see babies

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
laurarfl said:
Do the eggs dent right before hatching like beardies and snakes?

No, tegu eggs get firmer during incubation and liquid even squirts out of them when they are hatching.
A few of my Blue Tegu eggs were slightly dented before hatching. I misted and mixed the substrate but didn't add much, I didn't want to screw it up so close to hatching. A little too dry is better than too wet (mold).

They probably won't all hatch at once. Give them 3 or 4 days after the first hatches before you "tickle" the egg to entice him to come out.

malevolence714

5 Year Member
Okay I will definitely be keeping an eye since it seems so close. LOL I catch myself at night waking up to check on them. Im so nervous/excited. I hope one of them looks like my male. Ill keep you updated.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Gosh, I hope I get a job soon...I want one of these babies!!! I've always loved the look of the golds, but hate buying WC (or farm raised...captive born...etc).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980