• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

couple more pics of my Saharans

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Just took these today...i can't quit looking at them lol.

Female:
100_1489_edited.jpg

male:
100_1490_edited.jpg

How many lights it takes to warm up this cage lol...yeah, its bright in the room.
100_1488_edited.jpg

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
lizardboy101 said:
They honestly look a bit on the thin side to me

Do they? i sure hope not! lol. Their eating quite well it seems so if they are on the thin side they shouldn't be for long. i just got them tuesday so we shal see if they get any fatter.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They look awesome to me, and judging by the base of the tail they do not look thin at all.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
I kind of do. Were they WC? You can kind of see the spine in most of the pics, and theres very little fat to the tails. I mean Saharans do tend to look a little thin, but you still want a lot of pudge to the guys.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
I do not know if they were imported or not but theres a very good chance they were sense 90% or more of the Saharans are imports. I was looking on the deerfern website, some people who breed all Uros and have very nice ones and some look "fatter" than mine but others look like mine so i am not sure on if they are melnurished or not. I will be calling them today and will be ordering some Misura pellets and some Miner-Al from them which they add to their Uros diet.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Thanks but so far its not looking to good on keeping both of them lol. I just found the female on top the male biting his neck and she wouldn't even get off him when i tapped her which usually if i stick my hand in the cage, they will run away so yeah...not looking good and i don't want to pick which one to keep ....i like them both too much lol.

leoares27

5 Year Member
why can't you keep both? Just separate them...?

Also, I don't think they look skinny at all, IMO

Love the colors!

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
In order to seperate them i would have to come up with the funds or another cage/lighting. I don't think my wallet could spare another cage with that much light + i think that would throw my breakers lol. There are 4 heat lamps and 3 uva/uvb tube lights on that one cage. I think i will just try and make another basking spot and start having 2 feeding sites so they can have seperate places for everything and see how it goes.

I know the male is the smallest out of them two so im more concerned about him getting enough to eat and if the female is picking on him, he might not eat where she is so ill wait till tonight when they are away on the other side and set up another basking spot.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Well i contacted the person from deerfieldfarm and talked to him about them so i think i have everything figured out. i sent the pics to him so he can tell whether they are too skinny or not and he said it sounded like breeding behavior although it was the female on top lol, he said he has seen some funny and wierd stuff females have done in his care so i hope thats what it is.

They are also fresh imports i found out :shock: , so its going to be a risky future, i might have to find a vet around here somewhere and have them checked out in the furture once they get clamed down a little.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Im not saying they're exponentially skinny. I'm just saying in my opinion I'd try and get a little more weight on them. Nor am I saying they are malnourished. In fact as far as exports go those have to be the best I've seen if they are fresh.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Yes they are fresh imports and i sent the pics to the guy and he said the female looked just a little skinny but she lloks fine and he thought the male looked a little dehidrated so i have been soaking them as he told me to for about 5-10 min.

Here is a couple recent pics tooken yesterday. They seem to be looking better over all and the female is getting a more bright orange/red.

Female and male
100_1492_edited.jpg

Female
100_1494_edited.jpg

Male
100_1495_edited.jpg

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Are you sure either one are female? I mean color is not always bang on, but by looking at them colorwise they have the look of males. They are definatley gorgeous by the way. Ur taking great care of them, and it's really amazing what a bath will do to these animals. Just make sure the tail is completley dry before you put him back in the cage. I've never personally seen tail rot, but from what I hear it's really bad

leoares27

5 Year Member
maybe you could build some kind of divider to put into the same tank until you can come up with enough cash to have a whole new setup? Just a thought...good luck!!
They look awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029