• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eggs and lots of them!!!

naturboy87

ok first i have changed their names did so wen i got them ... (Aesop is Purl) now and (Francis is Deisel) .

So on 1/18/12 Purl layed a cluch of 44 eggs !!! under a dresor she likes it has ben two weeks now the eggs still look grate high white and growing just a lil . i have them in a still air incubator at 88 f and around 60 to 75 % humidetie ....
and Roxy is up and eating like a pig looks just like purl did a few weeks befor she layed and Deisel is in tow just like with purl befor she became reaseptive .

Im new to tegu eggs tips sugestions would be helpfull.

and yes purl is a ***** twords the other tegu but still verry good around me . i keep her away frum every one elce at all times now .But she is doing grate eating good drinking good just a lil agresive. but she also caulms right down if i show the eggs to her for just a sec . i think she knowes their safe or sumthing but she likes to be able to check on them once in a wile . funny smart ass lizards

and i plan to get a real nice incubator for the girls eggs befor Roxy lays hopfully. (fingers crosed im doing my best i can )

O and hatch day should be around 3/18 i hope ;)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Good luck, you are gonna have a lot of little tegus running around.

naturboy87

well good thing i live on 300 akrs then ahah lol not shur yet on pricing ill know moor wen they hatch ... im thinking 200 + shipping and alredy have lots of reptile shops whating for the lil guys also so i expect to sell them prity fast .... and im keepong the studs and studets for my self ...

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Congrats on your first clutch ;) . That's alot of eggs :) . I'm sorry I can't help you with giving you any infos on the eggs. I haven't bred mine yet. Good luck with everything. Do you have any updated photos of your Tegus ?

naturboy87

thank you its a lot of work ... the specs im using for the eggs is derectuly frum bobby who hatched bolth perents . so i think in doing things right frum the info that i have ...

pics ill have to take sum new ones today of fat Roxy and not to skinie purl but skinie never the less frum what she looked like befor the 44 eggs she layed .

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
congrats...when they hatch you will be the first person known to have successfuly bred extreme giants other than bobby hill, also you will put to rest that notion that they cant breed unless they hibernate..

naturboy87

well Purl did not hybornate but she did burmation for about 2 munths but ate like a real dragen the hole time .. and holly crap i dident know know one has ever bred extreems other then bobby i feel good :)

and futher moor i will be breeding blues this nexed sprting im set on it ....

and i em 80 % shur that Roxy is gravid she will be mating with Deisl soon so thoes will be 50 % B&W 50 % extream. but Roxy did hybornate has ben sleeping under the couch since the begining of october ... things are geting exiting around the farm hear i have tegu ,chicken, gees ,chemealon eggs i have about 100 eggs incubating right now and moor on the way lol

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i know they didnt hibernate their 1st year when they were with slideboot, especially purl, deisel did for a few mos. with bobby but didnt go back down after she was with slideboot, your house sounds very exciting with all prospective hatchlings soon to arrive, your heart must be racing with excitement, mines sure would be

naturboy87

joy joy joy is right it so so cool to candle the eggs and see the progress of the growing embreowes. dont do the tegu eggs much to keep frum drounding the embreows but frum what i have seen i think 50 % are going to hatch . but only time will tell ...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thats still great, have you talked to slideboot? havnt seen him online in quite some time

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Your welcome. It would be so cool to see a video of the candling of the eggs :) . I can't wait to see some photos. I don't want to scare you but I hope the babies will be fine. I'm just worried a bit since no one else breeds extreme giants but Bobby that there will not be a inbreeding problem.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
txrepgirl said:
Your welcome. It would be so cool to see a video of the candling of the eggs :) . I can't wait to see some photos. I don't want to scare you but I hope the babies will be fine. I'm just worried a bit since no one else breeds extreme giants but Bobby that there will not be a inbreeding problem.

i didnt even think of that, i know they are related because purl is a blizardXsugar and deisel is a iceXhail ( lol yes i remembered their lineage) and ice is a iceXhail as well, good luck with the hatchling im sure they will be fine, i find that messed up, i know about bad sheds, i had a slight bout with my tegus, but in the end i got it all off and realized were i went wrong

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Majority of reptiles are inbred at some point or another to gain better color, pattern, etc. I don't think there will be any problems that come from it.

I wouldn't say Bobby has been the only one to breed Extreme Giants since that is just the name he has given High White Chacoan Tegus. I'm sure others have bred them plenty before.

naturboy87

my over all plan is to get out of the pure extreams my first tegu was a extream/blue i loved him to deth .... im going to becum a breeder of extream blues thats my gole.... (blue and purl) and
(roxy and deisel) will be breeding nexed spring and im of corce looking for a female blue and will pay a (Grand)for her if eny one has one ...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Majority of reptiles are inbred at some point or another to gain better color, pattern, etc. I don't think there will be any problems that come from it.

I wouldn't say Bobby has been the only one to breed Extreme Giants since that is just the name he has given High White Chacoan Tegus. I'm sure others have bred them plenty before.

im not saying he is the only breeder im saying he is the only one known for breeding them, idk if you remember but i posted a thread about a guy who had extreme giants in the uk and that was well before bobby even had his pairs, im sure there are others out there but no one has come foward, thus bobby is the only known breeder
naturboy87 said:
my over all plan is to get out of the pure extreams my first tegu was a extream/blue i loved him to deth .... im going to becum a breeder of extream blues thats my gole.... (blue and purl) and
(roxy and deisel) will be breeding nexed spring and im of corce looking for a female blue and will pay a (Grand)for her if eny one has one ...

i like that idea, im looking for a female blue for my extreme storm, i want to breed him to a blue

naturboy87

hahah dont we all wont to breed with female blues lol i have a boy lol

and a agree that it has ben dun befor just not reacorded thats y i was like wow realy ..... but they do need a lot of space each to be able to realax i folow my guys for howers around my yard just crusing checking out every thing even know wer the ckicken coop is for a quick treet haha

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol yes, if i can get my hands on a female i will probably do a giantxblue and a giantXb/w

naturboy87

thats exaculy wut i got going on hear hopfuly nexed spring and it would be grate to be able to trade babbies and expand all of our geen pools u know ...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
the biggest problem would be they would still be related somewhat, your purl and my storm are clutchmates, im sure if i hatched a bluexgiant and you hatched a blueXgiant and we bred them too each other the offspring would be fine though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980