• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eggs and lots of them!!!

naturboy87

well aculy in the wiled this would hapen in a given area becus of how doninite one good jeen could be ... being biger bader better offspring have the best chance to live so females will seek out only the largest most dominint males to mate with much like other large reptiles ... so i think the gap would be just right but thats just my understanding of life/reptiles .

Khoilie

man if i could get tegus to breed up here in canada i could literally make a living off of it. regular black & white Sub-adults go for $400 a piece, hatchlings are worth even more. Pet stores would be lined up down the street to buy them

naturboy87

im seeing them go for 600 in just the lase two munths the dimand for tegus is going to get out of cuntroul hear soon ..... pes stors have them frum 200 to a 1000

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah tegus aren't cheap unless you're talking about columbians, giants and blues are among he rarest so they go for a lot more

naturboy87

well if it all works out ill know a lot moor about tegus and breeding them . and be able to help others just as i could use a lil help just for inshurence but tegu egg cair is not the most ubundent info around ...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOw this put my mind to ease. Bosco and Kiska have been going at it and I was worried it was too early in the season.

Good luck and hope they all hatch out healthy!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Man all these awesome pairs breeding this season kinda make me wish my tegus were a bit older, well rayne was a bit older, we'll se what happens next season

got10

naturboy87 said:
well if it all works out ill know a lot moor about tegus and breeding them . and be able to help others just as i could use a lil help just for inshurence but tegu egg cair is not the most ubundent info around ...

Where are you located?

naturboy87

i live in Barstow C.A 92311
chelvis said:
WOw this put my mind to ease. Bosco and Kiska have been going at it and I was worried it was too early in the season.

Good luck and hope they all hatch out healthy!

my two mated for about 2 weeks off and on and about 2 weeks after i found purl laying the eggs i was not reddy for it at the time quickly got them in a set up .
and just as others have sed she has became verry agresive twords my male now that she has layed like bad i had them on opisit sides of the yard out side and purl spoted deicel frum like a 100 yards and just started charging him ... poor guy i scooped him up and keep them apart at all times now .. but she is still verry caulm around me alwase i can pet her hold her wen ever i wont no big deal but if she sees him its game on .

ill try and get sum pics up today .......

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We going to get some see pictures of eggs or is it in another thread? Congratulations by the way, best of luck hatching!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I cleaned up this post so I could put it back on the forum. If you felt something was deleted that was relevant, feel free to re-post.

No swearing please.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't see why whole posts were deleted, certain words could have been removed. But points made were relevant and should have stayed. If you call someone one out on the state of the animals you received from them months after the fact, even after praising them before hand. Then breeding them with those conditions, you should have to answer to that and provide proof. Which I didn't see.

Deleting it is like it never happened.

Hybrid

Congradulations

Sorry I'm kind of confused. I thought brumation was the reptilian equivelant to hibernation, just they have low levels of activity(brumation) instead of truely sleeping throughout the winter(hibernation). I always though that reptiles cannot actually hibernate.

I heard tegus must brumate there first year or they will never be able to reproduce, Is this true?

I'm sorry I am trying to learn all I can.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Off the subject but some reptiles do hibernate and tegus are one of them. Reds, B&W for months at a time more so than Blues and Colombians they usually just brumate.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Hybrid said:
Congradulations

Sorry I'm kind of confused. I thought brumation was the reptilian equivelant to hibernation, just they have low levels of activity(brumation) instead of truely sleeping throughout the winter(hibernation). I always though that reptiles cannot actually hibernate.

I heard tegus must brumate there first year or they will never be able to reproduce, Is this true?

I'm sorry I am trying to learn all I can.

Tegus can deff hibernate and most of them do if you let them and have them in proper conditions. They will also brumate and/or not react to winter time at all, its all up to the tegu. But yes, tegus can hibernate for up to 6 months out of the year

Draco D Tegu

Bubblz Calhoun said:
I don't see why whole posts were deleted, certain words could have been removed. But points made were relevant and should have stayed. If you call someone one out on the state of the animals you received from them months after the fact, even after praising them before hand. Then breeding them with those conditions, you should have to answer to that and provide proof. Which I didn't see.

Deleting it is like it never happened.

Agreed, however, that sort of discussion doesn't need to resort to name-calling or foul language. But I think it would be better served in the good guy / bad guy discussion threads. Personally, I believe that most people glance over threads and flame wars, but if there is a discussion ON said subject (or persons) they will remember it more than in say, a normal discussion thread.

I didn't see the whole discussion as I've not been as active as I was when I first got my gu's but I would assume that if it was deleted, then it was for good reason.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree if there was name calling, bad language or what ever then by all means delete that reprimand or what ever. But leave the relevant material. Unless there was something I missed I didn't see anything that called for all the posts to be deleted.

It just reminded me of the whole Bobby hoopla and those threads. I just don't get it.

Draco D Tegu

Well you can be sure of one thing, if there are nefarious misdeeds in the animal community, especially the herp community, it will re-surface or come to re-illumination....because we all love to talk about our experiences :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980