• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

Skeetzy

I'm calling my bank for a refund on both payments. Bank of America is usually very helpful in these situations. I'm sick of the excuses. It was sunny all morning in his area. This is ridiculous.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
I'm giving him till the end of September, since that's when people were sill receiving them last year.. Still though, no contact isn't making me very happy about it :(

the_cw

hanniebann said:
I'm giving him till the end of September, since that's when people were sill receiving them last year.. Still though, no contact isn't making me very happy about it :(

It's amazing that I get Feeder Insects shipped through USPS--what Varnyard uses--and haven't had any problems. And I mean ever. No delays, excuses, dead shipment or whatever. Somehow it's always an issue with him. I couldn't be more disappointed and upset right now. :mad:

I think there should be a more concentrated effort to educate would be buyers. A sticky was proposed; I believe that is a good idea.

agv0008

Should it go in "good guy/bad guy" or "general"? It may have more visibility if it was stickied in the general forum.

Skeetzy

I was more than well aware of his previous problems from last year before buying. But he seemed to be on his game this year. But the excuses are old. He lives in Florida, he should be more than prepared for rain. This isn't his first year there lol

armywife

Has anyone else called him to see what the plans are? shipping tomorrow maybe? I don't want to keep bothering him if others already have.

the_cw

agv0008 said:
Should it go in "good guy/bad guy" or "general"? It may have more visibility if it was stickied in the general forum.

I'd say good guy/bad guy and general, in that order.

I haven't called him today. I will tomorrow.

Skeetzy

Well Bank of America is just as bad as Bobby. Won't chargeback the payments, because of how Paypal takes money out of the account. Something about not having rights to merchant disputes. And since it's after 45 days, Paypal won't do anything either. Looks like I'm back in the waiting game.

For those interested, I found a few other breeders that are willing to ship out same day, for comparable pricing. Wish I had the money to just buy another and forget about the Varnyard one.

dgates08

Ive been waiting for almost 1.5 years now....... Does anyone know of a good time to call him? ive been trying different times/days for like the past month with nothing but answering machines.

Skeetzy

I've been successful around noon, 6 pm, and he even emailed me to say call him he'll be up awhile around 10 pm. I was already asleep, but that's the last I heard from him. Left him a call and email since. I'm on the east coast.

kim86

dgates08 said:
Ive been waiting for almost 1.5 years now....... Does anyone know of a good time to call him? ive been trying different times/days for like the past month with nothing but answering machines.

A year and a half? Holy smokes! That sucks :(

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
dgates08 said:

Early afternoon or after dinner hours worked for me.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I once again would like to ask that we try to eliminate any bashing, name-calling, etc. I will be asking the mods to enforce this policy. It's OK to discuss, let's keep it respectful please. I'm not pointing at any one person but we will be giving warnings if necessary.

the_cw

I've had no problems reaching him. Usually emailing and, if getting the machine, leaving a message has gotten him to respond back. Not necessarily in a timely manner, mind you, but he does get back to me.

Ujarak

I dont see any bashing. Just alot of unhappy customers who are talking to eachother about how unfair and dificult it is to interact with bobby hill. He has let a large number of people down and if you cant talk about it on this forum then where can you.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I doubt my bank will do anything about it which is why I'm waiting till the end of September and either buying one from somewhere else, or selling my cage and wiping my hands clean of all of this and looking like a complete idiot to everyone who I told I was getting this tegu but I'd rather do that then keep my hopes up.

the_cw

Ujarak said:
I dont see any bashing. Just alot of unhappy customers who are talking to eachother about how unfair and dificult it is to interact with bobby hill. He has let a large number of people down and if you cant talk about it on this forum then where can you.

This is how I feel too. Considering the situation I, and others, are in, we're being more than respectful. $150 is enough money that I'd like some degree of personal interaction. I've spoken with him enough that, yes, he does respond. However, considering he told me he *would* ship Tuesday, and never even spoke with me when he changed, I'm left feeling a little upset.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicole_61955