• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finalllyyyyyy!

Skeetzy

No reason for the face, if it comes to that point we have every right to press charges and what not. I just find it appalling that when I talked to other breeders, they were willing to ship out any day. And here he is only shipping one day a month it seems like. It's nothing but unneeded frustration.

If I wasn't afraid of him purposely not shipping my tegu, I'd be hounding him with calls all day long every day. But I have a feeling that will do nothing but delay my shipment.

On a side note, anyone know if he is a legit business? I only ask because my bank also told me I could contact the Better business Bureau. But I doubt he's legit.

kim86

Well some of you have waited over a year, isn't that a legit enough time to file something with the police? It can't be legal to hold people's money like that.

Skeetzy

I say yes, only because if I don't have mine by October I'm following through with it. If I don't have a refund of course. I probably sound like I'm out to get Bobby. The only thing I'm truly out to get is my tegu.

DavidRosi

Hi guys.

After reading through this topic my heart really goes out to all of you waiting on your tegus.

It's very different here in the UK; there is only one real place available to the public to order and have a tegus delivered but it really is a case of; "payment accepted, we're sending it today"

Obviously there are private companies which supply to the reptile shops but I very much dour they'd be waiting a year...

From the outside point of view; I think whoever gets through to speak to the guy should say that pressing charges is a destinct possibility unless things are sorted out.

If the guy is sending out that many 'gus then maybe he should stop current sales, sort out his backlog and then continue when the workload isn't so severe... No business would ever get away with this in the UK but then again our laws are seriously tight and heavy and te Brits are natural born complainers at best !

Fingers crossed and I wish you the best for times to come guys.

Carnicero

I bought an extreme this year even after reading about what was only talked to be as a "bad year" or fluke year for Bobby last year. And now this is starting to look like that whole situation all over again. I dont know what the deal is but he should atleast come on here to calm some of you guys down and keep stuff updated but the fact that he doesnt and ignores peoples emails and phone calls makes him that much more shady I remember the waiting game for my guy and contemplating numerous times on getting on a flight down to Florida to see Bobby personally to get either my owed tegu or money. Glad it didnt come down to that but now this talk about legal action from you guys, I mean the whole being busy thing can no longer be a excuse at this point. I hope all turns out well for you guys meaning you either receive your tegus or receive your refunds. If neither happens I hope you guys do go with the legal route or paying Bobby a personal visit he just cant keep giving people the run around. Hes ruining his reputation as the best breeder of 'gus to the worst if this bad buisness and shadyness continues. So grateful to have gotten my tegu but I dont think Id be able to bring myself to do buisness with him again.

Logie_Bear

Has anyone emailed Bobby lately that they were wanting to purchase a tegu from him?

Curious if it is all around no-response from emails/calls or just people wanting to hear from the orders they've already paid for.

Also, who on here has been waiting since last year for their tegu to ship? That's insanity.

the_cw

Skeetzy said:
No reason for the face, if it comes to that point we have every right to press charges and what not. I just find it appalling that when I talked to other breeders, they were willing to ship out any day. And here he is only shipping one day a month it seems like. It's nothing but unneeded frustration.

If I wasn't afraid of him purposely not shipping my tegu, I'd be hounding him with calls all day long every day. But I have a feeling that will do nothing but delay my shipment.

On a side note, anyone know if he is a legit business? I only ask because my bank also told me I could contact the Better business Bureau. But I doubt he's legit.

The face was only there to dampen the effect. I'm serious about it, nobody needs to worry. He needs to let people know what's going on.

And, like you said, none of us are out to get him. We're looking for our little guys: nothing more, nothing less. I would be a much happier man if I wasn't posting this right now.

Ghostflower

I called him last week to see what he had available and he said he had some Giants left over. From what i'm seeing here though i'm taking my business to Teguterra instead.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Logie_Bear said:
Has anyone emailed Bobby lately that they were wanting to purchase a tegu from him?

Curious if it is all around no-response from emails/calls or just people wanting to hear from the orders they've already paid for.

Also, who on here has been waiting since last year for their tegu to ship? That's insanity.

I'm 100% sure he repsonds to emails that are requesting to buy or put down money right away. When I first emailed him about my interest in a tegu I got an email back within 5 minutes. Now when I send him emails about RECEIVING my tegu I get absolutely no response. It seems as if he just blindly accepts everyone's money and ignores the people who have already paid their deposits in full. If any of you do decide to go the legal route please PM each of us in this thread so we can do it together and contact his local PD. I am waiting until the first of October and if I don't receive a call or update until then, then I will gladly take action.

Ghostflower said:
I called him last week to see what he had available and he said he had some Giants left over. From what i'm seeing here though i'm taking my business to Teguterra instead.

I wish I had done the same. I used to defend Bobby, but there is no reason to do business this way, you can't justify it in any way.

the_cw

Diablo said:
Logie_Bear said:

I'm 100% sure he repsonds to emails that are requesting to buy or put down money right away. When I first emailed him about my interest in a tegu I got an email back within 5 minutes. Now when I send him emails about RECEIVING my tegu I get absolutely no response. It seems as if he just blindly accepts everyone's money and ignores the people who have already paid their deposits in full. If any of you do decide to go the legal route please PM each of us in this thread so we can do it together and contact his local PD. I am waiting until the first of October and if I don't receive a call or update until then, then I will gladly take action.

Ghostflower said:

I wish I had done the same. I used to defend Bobby, but there is no reason to do business this way, you can't justify it in any way.

October 1st is the day. I'll PM people for sure.

And, yeah, buy from someone else. His silence speaks volumes.

Ghostflower

I feel bad for yins though, i know i'm waiting on my Tegu because i'm saving up money and building the cage currently and its driving me insane.. really couldnt imagine waiting a year. I'd probably drive myself to florida if it was me. i'm just crazy though.

Skeetzy

Don't feel bad, I was defending him up until like three weeks ago. And as far as emails go. I sent him an email titled Read before PayPal dispute. My phone was ringing 11 minutes later. But every other email and voice mail I leave goes unanswered as of the past 3 weeks.

I almost tried calling him and offering to pay more to get him to just ship my tegu today. But figured he would probably just take my money again.

hanniebann

5 Year Member
I'm one of the people who was supposed to get a 'gu last year. I agree, if there's no contact by October 1st, I'll take legal action. My tolerance is just about at it's limit.

the_cw

For me, it's not a matter of contact by October 1st; he has responded to me. No, I want my Gu in my enclosure by then. It's already been at least 2 months since the eggs hatched. There's no excuse to justify further "I can't ship this week" nonsense.

I have no idea how you guys managed to wait a year. I'm not sure how I would handle myself. Certainly not quite this kindly.

Logie_Bear

hanniebann said:
I'm one of the people who was supposed to get a 'gu last year. I agree, if there's no contact by October 1st, I'll take legal action. My tolerance is just about at it's limit.

Can you tell us what happened that you never received an animal last year? And why you didn't make a dispute at that time?

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Yeah it seems every one was defending him because of how the weather was but him not respondinmg now that some the weather has calmed? come on now

Melissa

5 Year Member
Ya I have had my extreme paid in full ($350) and I talk to him about every week and every week I get the same story some excuse why I haven't received it and told he will try to ship it next week. He told me when I paid for it I would be able to get it in JULY for my husbands birthday but the temps were to hot, but it has been a month of perfectly fine shipping temps, so now the excuse has changed to the weather on his end. I am really starting to wonder if we will ever see the tegu. I am starting to really regret sending him money. We had such an easy time getting our 1st tegu from him, this has been a real surprise.

anelk002

5 Year Member
I just got off the phone with him. Word for word I'm behind on shipping I'm trying to get them out as fast as I can. I asked so do u have an idea when we could expect it he replies Idk I'm working I'm not in front of my computer right now but I'm trying to get them out. He digs himself into a hole tryin to do this with no help and letting his customers know 3 weeks. I was patient for the longest time but 2 months now is ridiculous

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu