• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

gorgeous argentine on fauna

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289171

Not mine but it looks fantastic

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saw that yesterday and was in aww it will only get better as it ages. Thought about sending an email but my hands are full until I get cages made.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I will have a 6x3x3 available for sale in a couple weeks Bubblz.

Sirhc401

Beautiful tegu. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get another tegu. But I'll be patient. I want to make sure Odin gets his full attention and when he is grown we can consider another :)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
That thing has some nice whites, looks awesome....seems really small for being a year old though, maybe just the pics idk.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
That thing has some nice whites, looks awesome....seems really small for being a year old though, maybe just the pics idk.

I thought the same thing but there are a few things that could factor in. Rango was only like 18 inches and just shy of 2 years when I got him. With a healthy/frequent diet and supplementing hes gotten pretty big.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have tried PMing the person and sending a text with no response yet. Beautiful tegu though!

CyberPunk

Well he may not respond because i just bought her! I hope it does turn out to be a female.

She will be in her new home sometime next week, I can't wait

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CyberPunk said:
Well he may not respond because i just bought her! I hope it does turn out to be a female.

She will be in her new home sometime next week, I can't wait

Let's see some pics.

CyberPunk

TeguBuzz said:
Let's see some pics.

chelvis said:
Sweet, can't wait to see pictures.

I will be sure to snap some pictures once we get her home. Very exciting!
I do however have another picture they sent me. One that was not in the ad:

imagejpeg_5.jpg

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
wow that thing is gonna turn out looking awesome when its big, that head is really white i love it. GL with it and grats !

CyberPunk

Hello again everyone. I thought I would follow up since a few of you were asking for pictures. She finally arrived and is in her new home! Here are a few pictures:

RESIZED-IMAG0440.jpg

RESIZED-IMAG0437.jpg

RESIZED-IMAG0424.jpg

Everything has been going pretty well aside from a bit of aggression. When she arrived I spent a few hours in the bathroom with her letting her get used to being around me and the new environment. I gave her some food and water, and she crawled up on my lap and slept for about an hour. I then moved us into the room where her cage is (our spare bedroom) to get used to her new surroundings since this will be where she will do most of her roaming and exercise. After getting into every nook and behind every piece of furniture she ended up back on me and resting some more. Probably because I was warm. After a while she, out of nowhere freaked and lunged at my thumb. So after biting me I figured it was time to put her in her cage and let her play around in there for a while.

It's been a few days now. Whenever it's time to eat I open up her cage and let her come out on her own (I built a ramp for her) and let her explore the room for a bit before I pick her up to go into the bathroom and eat. When I pick her up she flips out and is very squirmy, hopefully because she just isn't used to me yet. After eating, when it's time to go back into the bedroom she lets me pick her up and is much less aggressive. Even still she flips out for no reason sometimes. For example: today when I came home from work I came in and out of the room a few times, and was doing some work in there on the computer. I approached the cage in a non-threatening manner, talking to her as I did so, and she lunged right at me hitting the glass. Very scary. This makes it very shaky ground when she does things like, say, crawl up your shirt when she is out of the cage! It's one thing to have your thumb bit, but I would prefer not to have my face attacked. Any advice other than take things slow and see how it goes?

Johnnydr

I wouldn't be overly concerned with outside of the cage aggression. When she is in there she is in her territory. Outside at this point she is in an unfamiliar territory and she is way more likely to run/dart than attack your face. If this behavior keeps up when she is like 3-4 feet I'd be concerned :p

Virus

Absolutely gorgeous!

I really can't wait to get a cage finished this summer and get one for myself.

Do keep us updated with pictures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029