• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Great news ( about getting money from Bobby )

the_cw

With me, they said they're opening a dispute with Bobby separate from my individual claim, due to the volume of complaints against him, and said they'd inform me within 180 days. They offered no guarantees, of course, but said they'd do that. I will be contacting my bank as well.

Melissa

5 Year Member
Well I talked to him and he said he is going to Try to have all animals shipped in the next 2 weeks, I for 1 am willing to wait that long.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Melissa said:
Well I talked to him and he said he is going to Try to have all animals shipped in the next 2 weeks, I for 1 am willing to wait that long.

How many times has he said that to people before...? Lol just saying.

I went to my bank today and they said they would try and do something but it most likely won't work. They said to talk to paypal and paypal is saying to talk to them....so I guess we should just keep pestering paypal

Logie_Bear

Diablo said:
Melissa said:

How many times has he said that to people before...? Lol just saying.

I went to my bank today and they said they would try and do something but it most likely won't work. They said to talk to paypal and paypal is saying to talk to them....so I guess we should just keep pestering paypal

I think its been the regular b/w's and reds that are in limbo. Hopefully Melissa gets her lil extreme lickity split. Can't wait to see another one of Ezzy's siblings. :)

got10

what the heck is going on with this dude ? When i spoke with him about three years ago when I was looking to buy one of his extreme giants he was all peaches and cream . Some people seem like they cant get money back on deposits that produced no animals for them from clutches . Im not knocking the guy but it seems like its like a Bernie Madoff thing going on here.
If you want to be sure of getting your animals people, in the future only purchase AFTER the hatch occurs .Just like the saying about the chickens .Don't count on the Gu's before they hatch.ttfn

ReptileGuy

I filed a claim with my bank and emailed Bobby that if he doesn't return my money within 15 days, the bank will take action.

the_cw

It's just the Reds and Normals which are the problem. The fact that people can get extremes this quickly lends *strong* evidence to the fact he doesn't have any. At that rate, then, he owes people who paid deposit *and* the balance all of their money. Looks like I'll be contacting him again soon.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Great news ( about getting money from Bobby )

got10 said:
what the heck is going on with this dude ? When i spoke with him about three years ago when I was looking to buy one of his extreme giants he was all peaches and cream . Some people seem like they cant get money back on deposits that produced no animals for them from clutches . Im not knocking the guy but it seems like its like a Bernie Madoff thing going on here.
If you want to be sure of getting your animals people, in the future only purchase AFTER the hatch occurs .Just like the saying about the chickens .Don't count on the Gu's before they hatch.ttfn

We made initial deposits ( mine was march 13). Then he emails requesting the balance when they hatched. ( which was june 30 and i sent balance july 1)... they were then supposed to ship 3 weeks later.but a lot of us never got 'the call '.and when asking him never got dates...just 'soon '...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Melissa

5 Year Member
The Cw, there are still several people that do not have their extremes yet, including me. Which is kind of irritating that he is sending out NEW orders when people have had theirs payed for months now. Hopefully he will get them all shipped in the next few weeks like he said....

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

Melissa said:
The Cw, there are still several people that do not have their extremes yet, including me. Which is kind of irritating that he is sending out NEW orders when people have had theirs payed for months now. Hopefully he will get them all shipped in the next few weeks like he said....

I agree.at first in my 'panic ' over all the posts about people getting 'scammed ' I was going to try to get a refund...but after my extreme anxiety over it subsided,I'm now of the mindset that I do believe Bobby didn't intend on scamming anyone...he just had some unexpected difficulties with his breeding stock...beginning last year apparently with the reds.now its the reds and blk and white normals seemingly not shipping out.and looking like people who are 'pulling out ' of extreme and aa orders...which instead of then shipping them to people on waiting list he is giving to brand new orders? Confusing.I have purchased locally and I'm happy with my baby.then when/ if Bobby calls me for shipment I'll have 2 babies i guess.and I'll be sure to let everyone know that I got him too...just for the record. Praying we all get what we need in the end of this situation.

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Listen guys i have also been waiting over a year for him to ship out my tegu. he lost a lot of them last year and then this year due to the extreme heat and weather and what not he was unable to ship. I am sure if you were in his shoes you would have had the same problem He is trying his best to get everyone what they had purchased but it hasnt been in his favor. He is one person right now and with most of you guys doing this to him he is now at a very high stress level. And yes he knows all that is happening here on the forum. I really think you should just be patient for at least till the first week of october is over and then you can do what you want. I am not trying to be the bad guy here but come on guys be just a little bit reasonable. And i am not pointing fingers at anyone on here just saying we need to be more mindset

Teguzilla

5 Year Member
No offence to anyone here and I mean this in the nicest way possible but why didn't some of you just get a tegu from another breeder? He's not the only tegu breeder and I can name a number of breeders where you guys could have gotten a tegu without all the hassle and run-arounds. If I were in this situation, I would definitely just considered another breeder. I wouldn't of sat around and waited. Just my 2 cents :/

Diablo

5 Year Member
Teguzilla said:
No offence to anyone here and I mean this in the nicest way possible but why didn't some of you just get a tegu from another breeder? He's not the only tegu breeder and I can name a number of breeders where you guys could have gotten a tegu without all the hassle and run-arounds. If I were in this situation, I would definitely just considered another breeder. I wouldn't of sat around and waited. Just my 2 cents :/

Because so many people on here recommended him. I just went ahead and bought one from TeguTerra. I will be receiving him/her on wednesday.

Jeremyxb12 said:
Listen guys i have also been waiting over a year for him to ship out my tegu. he lost a lot of them last year and then this year due to the extreme heat and weather and what not he was unable to ship. I am sure if you were in his shoes you would have had the same problem He is trying his best to get everyone what they had purchased but it hasnt been in his favor. He is one person right now and with most of you guys doing this to him he is now at a very high stress level. And yes he knows all that is happening here on the forum. I really think you should just be patient for at least till the first week of october is over and then you can do what you want. I am not trying to be the bad guy here but come on guys be just a little bit reasonable. And i am not pointing fingers at anyone on here just saying we need to be more mindset

I can see where you are coming from but all of this is happening not because of bad luck on his end, but because of terrible business practice. He is running a business, and part of doing that is customer communication. It is needed especially with this type of business. If we receive no communication or constant lies or excuses why should we not believe this is a scam? He has the power and capability to hire help and resolve these problems. He has the capability to not take too many deposits that he can't handle. He has the capability to refund people's money back who ask for it. Plain and simple he brought this upon himself and I think he fully deserves every bit of it. All of this could have been avoided so easily.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
It all sort of seems to be random and makes no sence. Last year I had ordered a b/w from him about 6 months in advance to them hatching. I payed with paypal my deposit. 6 months later I got an email that he had problems with the eggs and that he could not ship me my b/w. In the email he gave me the option of waiting till next year, or upgrading to an AA or getting my deposit back. I called him, got him on the phone, and asked for a refund, of which I got in the next few days with no hastle. I then orderd my red from somewhere else.

It doesnt make sence how some people are haveing so many problems, and others arent. Do you think its possible that he is just trying to upsell people who order b/w and red tegus, into buying AAs because they are more expencive?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

Aardbark said:
It all sort of seems to be random and makes no sence. Last year I had ordered a b/w from him about 6 months in advance to them hatching. I payed with paypal my deposit. 6 months later I got an email that he had problems with the eggs and that he could not ship me my b/w. In the email he gave me the option of waiting till next year, or upgrading to an AA or getting my deposit back. I called him, got him on the phone, and asked for a refund, of which I got in the next few days with no hastle. I then orderd my red from somewhere else.

It doesnt make sence how some people are haveing so many problems, and others arent. Do you think its possible that he is just trying to upsell people who order b/w and red tegus, into buying AAs because they are more expencive?

A friend of mine bred dogs and said it was common for breeders to up the prices when they saw demand was high.perhaps he is trying to get the more expensive out first to lift burden of loss last year and putting the 'normals ' on back burner...some bailing out...others (like me) waiting.I did buy another locally in case I never get my Varnyard ...but my hope is he'll get himself back on track eventually and I'll at that point receive my blk and wht from him. ? Who knows....

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I understand what you are saying, but it costs money to feed lizards. I would think someone would want to move them all out. But price does go up. I saw some b/w recently that were really expensive. But Bobby has never been one to fluctuate his prices.

Laura

anelk002

5 Year Member
I totally agree that he is trying to fix the messups from last year first and trying to get the more expensive ones out first. The problem I have with it is that he does not let us know what is going on. He just says I have this many still I hope to get to yours soon. I would be fine if he just said I'm sorry I am trying to get the others that hatched first and that I owe to people from last year then I will get to the others. But us not knowing is what makes me a little upset but I have waited two months I can wait another week or two lol.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club

anelk002 said:
I totally agree that he is trying to fix the messups from last year first and trying to get the more expensive ones out first. The problem I have with it is that he does not let us know what is going on. He just says I have this many still I hope to get to yours soon. I would be fine if he just said I'm sorry I am trying to get the others that hatched first and that I owe to people from last year then I will get to the others. But us not knowing is what makes me a little upset but I have waited two months I can wait another week or two lol.

This is my exact feeling.the not knowing.if I had a more solid idea of time frame and saw him following through it would ease my mind.I emailed asking what deposit month he was up to on the ones shipping out (mine being march 13th)...no answer.and on the phone I just keep getting 'soon '.in august he said december deposits would be getting out in the next week..
That was august 20-something.I was on vacation til the 26th.still no call...or reply.

Logie_Bear

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone he sent out extremes/AAs to was actually just getting black and whites from bobby that they paid him double for...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu