• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Dereks-Dragons said:
you mean ill have more females then males? haha. thaty group is 1 male 4 females and i have one male here that is old enough to breed.

lols yeah sorry i meant to say females. But like i said, your just going to have to work your boys over time on those girls. Do what Bobby does and house them in trios, one male and two females. That seems good.

Dereks-Dragons

okay cool. and i know if the females donr hibernate they csant breed that season but what about the males? and that works out perfectly that way ill kjnow who the father is. ill have 2 arg. black and white females with my extreme and make that cross, then 2 arg. black and white females with a arg blach and white male. :)

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Dereks-Dragons said:
okay cool. and i know if the females donr hibernate they csant breed that season but what about the males? and that works out perfectly that way ill kjnow who the father is. ill have 2 arg. black and white females with my extreme and make that cross, then 2 arg. black and white females with a arg blach and white male. :)

Now that sound like plan :D! To be honest i'm not even sure if the hibernation thing is true, i talked to some breeders who say it's not and others who say you need it. There are a lot of thing's in the tegu world that are left unproven. But still just to be on the safe side,if your do go down just let it go.

I find it weird though that Blues do not hibernate but yet they still can reproduce,and blues seem pretty close to Argenitnes. I'm not an expert i still have lots of questions myself.

spidersandmonsters

Okay so I know that WC is a big no-no, but is there a chance that since it was caught in FL that it was captive bred and got out and was recaptured and deemed "wild caught?" I mean it obviously isn't a native tegu haha

tora

spidersandmonsters said:
Okay so I know that WC is a big no-no, but is there a chance that since it was caught in FL that it was captive bred and got out and was recaptured and deemed "wild caught?" I mean it obviously isn't a native tegu haha

Yes, but it doesn't take long to get bugs..

herpgirl2510

I agree^^ Stay away from WC. People are becoming more and more aware how risky getting wild caught is. I would buy from a breeder that had captive bred any day over WC. I agree you must have a great job when I was 16 I didn't have that kind of cash although that was a long time ago.

Dereks-Dragons

I hate my job lol. But I cant complain, I'n this economy I'm making more $ than some adults. So I can't complain, I'm just lucky. My dad owns a construction company and he drops me off I'n a job I'n the morning, framing houses with his framing crews and then he picks me up at the end of the day. We, as a company have been lucky throghout this whole economy thing, we didn't slow down until this past winter, and now we have more work than we did 5 years ago. It's rediculous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980