• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hybrid male

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just found out that I may be moving, if thats the case I won't be able to take everyone with me. Would anyone be interested in the hybrid if I need to cut down on critters?
I can't tell you how he is with people, he's been sleeping all winter. He seems a little nervous. He can be defensive (puffing, back arching) but I wouldn't really say hes aggressive, he doesn't bite or charge. He gets along with Rango.
As you all know, he does have some missing toes and some battle scars. I'm not interested in making my $340 back, I would just want him to have a good (permanent) home.
I prefer he go to a home with tegu experience, sorry to new members.
I'll try to get new pictures tomorrow. I will know if I need to find him a new home within the next couple of days.

got10

How much are you asking , And would you be willing to ship to 11558?
keep me posted. Hopefully you wont have to relocate and will be able to keep the family together.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would be willing to ship, I haven't shipped myself so I'd want to look into it a little more. He was shipped to me and it doesn't seem too complicated. I would let him go for shipping costs if he went to the right home. I'll know by Thursday at the latest.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hopefully things will work out and you won't have to rehome him. But just in case and maybe for future reference and anyone else who may need to. If you live near a shop that frequently ships reptiles ask if they will do it for you.

I inquired about it once and would of had to pay the price of shipping, materials and a small fee for their time. Which all in all would have still been cheaper and safer than if I did it on my own.

Dana C

You should also go to, http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ I recently used them in my trade with Riplee. They will provide boxes, insulation, bags, heat packs, labels etc. The carrier is FedEx and the service is Priority Overnight. Because a Tegu is not a small animal, it will be costly. I spent almost $80 to ship a very young AA from Idaho to WI. However, it is worth it for a safe arrival and it is less $$ than if you go to Fed Ex yourself.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's gotta go :(
There's only one local herp place, I can see if they would help ship. I know a few bp breeders in the area, I might be able to ask them to help me get him packaged.

got10

i'll take him for shipping costs .Let me know what shipping would be to the 11558 ?He will fit right in with my other fellas here .

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I guess it would depend on the company used. I'm 97008, I don't have a current weight on him. When I got him he was ~7lbs. I will try to get him into Petsmart for a weight tomorrow before work, if not I'm off Sunday and I can definitely do it then. He was shipped to me through FedEx, I know of SYR and USPS. I think USPS would be cheapest but I have heard they aren't too careful with packages.. Do you have a preference? I'll pm you my email address if that will make things any easier.

Dereks-Dragons

:/ any others? i miss my tegu i been looking for another decent one lately but i cant find any ones that were cared for correctly at a decent price that arent old breeders

looking for one for a pet-only

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nope. I got this guy from Chris Allen back in September. There was a female red/blue floating around on kingsnake but I think they were asking $500 or something. I dunno if they'd come down on the price or who it was who had her.

I know some of you had wanted to see pictures of him so here are a couple.
DSCN0027-2.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

got10

rhetoricx said:
Nope. I got this guy from Chris Allen back in September. There was a female red/blue floating around on kingsnake but I think they were asking $500 or something. I dunno if they'd come down on the price or who it was who had her.

I know some of you had wanted to see pictures of him so here are a couple.
DSCN0027-2.jpg

DSCN0023.jpg

very very nice . He will fit right in here , Plenty of free roam til the late fall

got10

Having a hard time navigating accurate shipping costs . let me know what you come up with . Thanks a ton

krazyeyez

Haven't seen anything new on this thread, I've tries contacting you both, please let me know what you decide, would be a perfect mate for DRAZIL

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I ran a quote through syr out of curiosity and it is high using their supplies. When my tegu came to me, he was not in a 30" box. Go to PetSmart and see if you can get a shipping box leftover from their fish supply days. It should be more square and not cost so much for shipping. The tegu is going to curl up. In this case, more space will be harmful, not comfortable. You want it to be a kinda tight fit (in a safe way, y'know.)

I've used USPS for shipping before and have had no problems. I've used FedEX and had problems. Others have said the opposite. The fact is that every time you ship, you take the chance of something going wrong. in my case, it was misrouted package by FedEX and Charlie took two days to get here rather than overnight. It was winter so we were all a bit concerned. It turned out fine in the end.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I just saw this ad it posted a few days ago but all of her tegus are up for sale now.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311478

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980