• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

im thinkin

jcrunk

i might get rid of my gus... it seems that i like leopard geckos a lil better... more colors and easier to care for.sorry guys

kaa

5 Year Member
How much, how old, how big, what sex, and where are you located? Don't be sorry, they're not for everyone

isdrake

5 Year Member
I'm curious, what is it that you like about leopard geckos? They are very popular but I just don't see why. I used to take care of two leopards (the owner died). Had them for two years before I replaced them. In my opinion they are one of the most boring pets there is. XD I'm never going to take care of another one again, hehe.

It would be fun to hear your opinion about them since you prefer them more than Tegus. :)

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Haha Isdrake I totally agree about leopard geckos I would rather keep one tegu that 150 leopard geckos any day. They poop like crazy too.

Jer723

5 Year Member
I also agree, i really like the look of a leopard gecko. but they arent my type. they're not as hands on as tegus. They seem like more of a display animal to me. I like an animal that seeks human affection, such as a tegu. leopard geckos dont really care if you hold them or not. Just my opinion.

Jerry

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i have a leopard gecko and to me it really is just a display pet! since they are only active at night its kinda hard to interact with them the way you would with a tegu. i personally just like the various morphs and colors and trempers are my fave thats the only reason i keep them! im curious to know also what made you choose them over tegus?

jcrunk

already sold one... still got one more... its about 12 in, i dont know the sex, im located in west tenn...

jcrunk

columbian

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae120/james_crunk/SU1HMDAwNTUtMjAxMDAzMjUtMTU0NS5qcGc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae12 ... S5qcGc.jpg</a><!-- m -->

jcrunk

hes ok... he doesnt mind being handled in small periods... has never bitten.... idk he seems to be a little shy

kaa

5 Year Member
How much are you asking Jcrunk? Also, try posting it in the Classifieds with all the needed info.

Marlene

5 Year Member
Careful with the sav. Most are wild caught and have worms or mite infestations, not to mention a very fussy attitude. I was lucky that mine just had round worms and a horrible attitude. I've had her for almost a year and she still is no where near tame, she was basically fresh from the egg when I purchased her.

Do you have much experience with large breed lizards or snakes? It's a question I always ask :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu