• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

im thinkin

jcrunk

no ive had large snakes before but im feel like im quickly adapting to the more specialized needs off these large monitor/ tegu species... i like my monitor alot more then i liked the gu's,, but that personal preference.... dont be mad guys over at varnyard sorry ;)

Marlene

5 Year Member
No hard feelings. People have their own preferences (I love alligator lizards more so than any other lizard :) ). I was just wondering how much experience and research you've had/done with monitors. Most monitors don't really tame down at all, that and the majority is wild caught, not captive bred. Which means many babies may have parasites and/or diseases that you may not be aware of at first. So you'll definitely need to take your new monitor in to a specialty vet to check for these parasites.

When I bought my baby savannah, the people that I bought it from didn't know if it was C/B or W/C and it ended up having a serious roundworm problem. Just be careful with them and if you need any help with your new sav, just let me know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu