• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My baby veileds

ThePHX

5 Year Member
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Only have two shots of them, the first one is the female, and the second is the male

Markie

5 Year Member
Gosh, they are cute!

I think you just reminded me of why I used to want a veiled.. haha.

-Markie

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I saw these on the chat the other night. Man they make me want to get some more. I love Veilds. They are so smart and have a personality to them.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
You can say that they are smart...SOMEHOW the female escaped...but i found her, and then i caught her in the act of trying to escape again...Fixed that and now its 100% impossible for her to get out...I swear i think she climbed some glass, im already designing an enclousre :D

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Man they are the smartest reptiles next. To the Tegu. LOL The big Melleri are Parrot smart. I really used to enjoy my chameleons. Wish I still had them. I have been thinking about getting some more. Here is a tid bit of advice. Use the T- Rex Chameleon diet dust. It is the best product on the market and best thing is they don't eat as many greeens. It is one of the best products on the market. There is a calcium powder . I think its call Absolute calcium or something like that. It's good. The females lay so much . Calcium gets pulled from the bones. So the more calcium the better. Man your really gonna like them . I think. They look good.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
thanks man thats a good point, yeah ive read that they will be sexually active by 6 months...so now would be the time to pump up her bones...speaking of calcium...i got a veiled as a rescue once he had veryyy bad MBD and ended up falling to his death...that was a sad experience, he only lasted a month with me
IMG_0014.jpg

kushtmastree2.jpg

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I have have females that bred at that age and laid 45 to 50 eggs. You know that if you plan on breeding them you have to breed her her first time. If not she may die egg bound when you do breed her. Some people don't know that. I can't sear that it is true but I have read alot of stuff that says it is true. I nevr took the chance. I always bred mine. A female can lay an insane amount of eggs in a years time. I've got to stop . I'm talking myself into another trio. LOL

ThePHX

5 Year Member
best to start off with a trio? so the female isnt stressed out from the male trying to...over-sex her?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Yep that is the only way I like to buy them. I know a dude up North that raises some really good Veilds. They are my favorites next to the Melleri. They are my pick as over all favorite.

ThePHX

5 Year Member
oh wow...thanks for that first choice site. Ive gotten into the stump-tailed chams, and have been looking around for different brookesia, and rhampholeon species to purchase...flchams has had some, still have the stumpffi's i believe

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Nick has several species of pygmy I think. He has CB ones also. He had some Melleri CB a year or 2 ago. I can't remember now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus