• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Cresteds

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I got some new Cresteds. I been wanting some for a while. So I finally got some. They are just babies but . I think I am going to like them. Any advice from any one would be appreciated. So far they are doing really good. Sorry for the Blurry pics.
alexparty081.jpg

alexparty089.jpg

alexparty090.jpg

[/img]

WhiskeyTango

5 Year Member
ooohhhh wow nice colors!!!

very cute :D

there ain't really much to do with these geckos, cause they are very easy to take care of!I have my baby in a 10 gallon tank and the adult male in a 20, and I give them roaches and crested gecko diet everynite...dont let temps go over 85 degrees..my room stays 71-77 depending on what time of day it is..

they like fruit baby food too.and dont touch marshmellows then hold your geckos cause they MAY bite.lol

ZEKE

5 Year Member
cute!!

do you know what morphs they are?

to me the second looks like it might be a harly and the 3rd might be a pinstripe. but its hard to tell with blurry pictures. they are awesome geckos! my only advice is be carefull taking them out of the cage. they have springs in them i think. mine jumps like 2 feet when i take him out and he is only like 4 inches long.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
cute!!

to me the second looks like it might be a harly and the 3rd might be a pinstripe. but its hard to tell with blurry pictures. they are awesome geckos! my only advice is be carefull taking them out of the cage. they have springs in them i think. mine jumps like 2 feet when i take him out and he is only like 4 inches long.
Your pretty good. The first one is supposed to be a Dalmation. The 2nd one is a Red Flame Harliquin, and the other is a pinstripe. My hands are too shakey for the pics. I'll ge some better ones. I got these three and some leos by trading. I gotta get some pics of the leos.
I worry that they aren't drinking and eating enough. Some say mist the cage to water them like Chameleons. Some say give them a small dish. What is best? I am doing both.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This forum is suddenly becoming CrestedTalk!!! :) Glad you got some of these little guys. They are alot of fun!! Just dont leave the cage open or you'll be on a mad dash to find them. I accidently left my adult males screen cracked and he was out for atleast an entire night and half a day. He some how managed to survive the guantlet of 2 cats with claws and end up under my roach bin. Took me an hour to find him phew.

As for watering, mine seemed to utilize both methods. I find them sippin at there water cups every so often but I mist atleast 2x per day if not more. During mistings they will always lick the water off their head and sides of the cage.

With the young ones, it is really hard to tell if they are eating CGD. I worried that mine weren't eating as well, but I was finding droppings in the cage so I knew they were. I also feed extra small dubia nymphs to my hatchling in a small soufle cup. This keeps the nymphs in one spot and you can monitor if they have been eating alot easier. They love them and get gobbled up within a few mins!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
ZEKE said:
cute!!

Your pretty good. The first one is supposed to be a Dalmation. The 2nd one is a Red Flame Harliquin, and the other is a pinstripe. My hands are too shakey for the pics. I'll ge some better ones. I got these three and some leos by trading. I gotta get some pics of the leos.
I worry that they aren't drinking and eating enough. Some say mist the cage to water them like Chameleons. Some say give them a small dish. What is best? I am doing both.

it was a good guess :) i though the other might be a dalmation but i couldnt see the spots very well in the pic. they are all very nice looking cresties. could you get pics of their cages?

for the eating i use a 1/8 tsp measuring spoon and do the 1 part diet 2 part water mixture. mix it in a small dixie bathroom cup. then pour it in to a milk jug lid. the lid is just big enough to hold it all and you can tell when they have eaten it because you can see the thin spots in the diet where the lid is showing through.

right now i mist every night when i change out the CGD and turn off the light. and i have a small water dish that is always full.

to get clearer pics try using the closeup/flower mode. im not really sure what its called. and also try using the flash. i tend to get clearer pics when i use the flash. if the flash blurs out the picture too much try cobering some of it with your finger.

if you need any more help ask and ill try to help.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the help. I am really beginning to like these little guys. I see a new fetish coming on. LOL Crestie fever is setting in I can feel it. LOL

ZEKE

5 Year Member
yep lol. i only have one right now but if everything goes right i should be getting another sometime in the near future :)

ZEKE

5 Year Member
very nice!! i love that pinner!! i want to see more pics of it. i also love the harlys too! that last one is a dalmation right? is it a super dalmation or a normal?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks. I'm not real good with the Crested morph's. But your right as far as what I was told about them. The dalmation being super is one I am unsure of. I'll get some more pics of it. I am getting the hang of things now. LOL

ZEKE

5 Year Member
nice! that looks more like a harly to me but its hard to tell without seeing them in real life.

the 3rd one in the first picture set and the first one in the second set of pictures.

does only one of yours have tail?

it might be that the pics are distorted from water or blury and that makes it so i cant see the proper morph. if you could get clear pictures without water in them i could tell for sure maybe.

Integraleon

5 Year Member
Great looking gecko's!
You're last post is a harley.. Maybe partial pin, but not very good to see...
Take a look at this link... Scroll down, to see a black and white picture, with morphs next to it.. if you move along te names, the picture will change.. Very usefull to learn more about determination of morphs...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thereptileroom.co.uk/care/crested_gecko.php">http://www.thereptileroom.co.uk/care/crested_gecko.php</a><!-- m -->

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks alot everyone. As far as I know they are just Cresteds . LOL . Only one has a missing tail. It dropped it right after birth. I'll try to get better pic soon

Puff Why are you interested in the one you mentioned . It really has a wide array of colors. I'll try to get better pics. Do those seem to be worth more. I traded for them and I have no idea what they are really worth. I traded an Albino male boa for 3 cresteds and 11 leos. I think I done well.
Integraleon Thanks for the link . I really needed to see that. Thanks you so much. It really helped alot.
I really appreciate you alls opinion. Thanks to all who have posted on this thread.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nothing in particular. I just like the hues it was showing. Looked kinda like it could have some lavender. They really change alot up until adulthood so I was wondering what he/she will finally end up looking like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980