• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Cresteds

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Oh I was just wondering if you saw something special . I really don't know which morph is more popular than others. Any opinion on which morphs to buy would be great.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
These threads will really help you with the "most wanted" morphs and whats going on right now: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15026">http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=15026</a><!-- m --> and <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15910">http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=15910</a><!-- m -->

Personally, I have a lavender/dalmation project under way, but I think the more popular morphs to be looking out for are a true Green Fire, Red Creams,Full Pinstripes, and Lavender Creams.

I'm pairing these 2 up in a week or so:

Jilly 0.1.0
2004286722275738240_rs.jpg

2004209148004256866_rs.jpg

Toby 1.0.0
2002561323083545010_rs.jpg

2002537392530739541_rs.jpg

First time I saw Toby like this:
2004709715215388494_rs.jpg

3 month old turning up some red and black spots! Should get more prominant as he/she ages:
2004721635579383134_rs.jpg

Click on pics to see full size

ZEKE

5 Year Member
wow puff nice! is toby a blueberries and cream?

i would like to pair up zazu in the future with either a blueberries and cream, or a green fire. i dont see reason to pair up geckos with others of the same morph. i would rather pair up 2 awesome morphed geckos to make something unique and different. that is my goal for breeding cresties in the future.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
wow puff nice! is toby a blueberries and cream?

Nah, he's not. B/C is not a proven morph and was just something coined recently as a catch phrase for Cresties. I don't like the term really, not until it can actually be proven.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
ooh. well then i like the ones with a blue tint to them :) i wanteither a blue or green tint to the one i pair with zazu who is like a brick red and an odd grey color. i think it would be a cool match.

jimski427

5 Year Member
to me his cresty looks like a flame, with a zigzag pattern and a tiger, you cant see any patterning on its legs or side to make it a harley, thats just my opinion

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
jimski427 said:
to me his cresty looks like a flame, with a zigzag pattern and a tiger, you cant see any patterning on its legs or side to make it a harley, thats just my opinion
After doing some research . I'd have to say I agree with you.

jimski427

5 Year Member
i would even consider this one here to be a flame, even though she has nice side patterning, but no leg patterning... and yea, she is one of mine :D

DSCF3044.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Serafim said:
Did you get the sexes when you traded.. They looked small wasn't sure if you could tell the sex

I have never had a problem sexing Cresties, they are hung like elephants. :lol:

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
These are too small to sex. They have to be atleast 6 months from what I've read. Mine are more like 2 months. It won't be long and I'll know what they are. They are sexed the same way leos are. They are easier to sex from the pics I've seen. Like Bobby said the males are HUNG. LOL

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
OOOOOH OK !!!! I think I saw something about that on one of the sites that were posted. Pangea I think. I'll have to go back and check into it. Thanks for the idea. They have the pores also. I'll have to check mine out and see.
Thanks for all the help from everyone today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980