• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Sav i need some help

cornking4

5 Year Member
You're thinking of oxytocin suspension, Jon... it stimulates abdominal muscle contractions and flushes eggs from the oviduct. The only problem with it is if the eggs are still connected within the ovarian tissue it just wastes the animal's energy.

If we see an eggbound lizard, Dr.Driggers can usually measure size and quantity of eggs based off manual palpation, then he takes x-rays to get a better idea of their position along the reproductive tract. If they're in the oviduct, he'll give oxytocin injections for a week or so, then go for surgery if the meds fail. If hypocalcemic or undersupplemented, he'll give her intramuscular Vit A/D3 and calcium suspension injections followed by oral calcium gluconate and, in some cases, gavage feeding of high protein liquid food.

Enrofloxacin is a good antibiotic to use for her case and the metacam will dull the pain (it's pretty much the veterinary equivalent of morpheme) but I'm surprised she wasn't prescribed a parasite retardant. If the tick can't be burned off by the vet then frontline or a similar low-dose tick repellent is usually used. Did the vet use a dremel tool to trim back your sav's nails?

Adam87

5 Year Member
the nail was hanging by a strand so they pulled it and the also with the tick they went in with twesers and pulled asmuch as they could out and yes i checked up on the vet i went to and gave they gave it a good review and i agree i go back the 28th for a follow up and thats where they may do blood tests

on a good note i tried feeding him a live mouse and he started going for it he had his mouth open and everything but once he got to the mouse he didnt want it but its an improvement in my eyes i only hope he'll eat by the end of the week and he also gets along great with my Iguana and my bearded he actually walked out of his cage today with out me taking him out and he walked back in too so id say hes getting to his invoirment and the new encloruse helps out alot

Beazer

5 Year Member
Adam, if you can, try feeding it a frozen thawed mouse or thumb a mouse and set it by him. Sometimes whats worked for me for reluctant monitors were silversides, you can get a big package of them in freezer isles of saltwater stores.

-Jon DeLong

Adam87

5 Year Member
you know what its funny u say that cause i got a huge bag of frozen mice at the expo and i tried just that and u know what he did he used the mouse as a pillow and laid on it while he was basking..... but one question ive seen and heard mixed things on this but i wanted your guys opioion on this what do you think about force feeding ?

Adam87

5 Year Member
you know what its funny u say that cause i got a huge bag of frozen mice at the expo and i tried just that and u know what he did he used the mouse as a pillow and laid on it while he was basking..... but one question ive seen and heard mixed things on this but i wanted your guys opioion on this what do you think about force feeding ?

Adam87

5 Year Member
took some pictures today as you can see hes pretty skinny from not eating but im still working with him and keeping my fingers crossed

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02842.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus