• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Odd Loreal scale...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Loreal scales can vary; I have some pure argentines with one, and it is not unknown to happen. It looks to be a pure Argentine to me and I don't see any sign of it being a cross.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
I think one scale argentines are just flukes. Whenever they are developing they just develop one scale for some odd reason. It might be a recessive trait.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some just come out like that from time to time, I do not think it is a trait at all. I think it is just a variation that happens from time to time. The scale pattern on every tegu is different and no two are exactly alike, kind of like people, we all look different and no two are exactly the same in every way, not even twins.

Here is a 100% pure Argentine, note one loreal scale:

Attachments

• PHOTO13.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 5
  • PHOTO12.jpg
    512 bytes · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member