• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pick a gecko?

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
For a pet, if handling pets is important to you, i'd get a Leo or a Fat tail.

For looks, i'd get a Crestie or Tokay.

I have two Leos, by the way.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I changed it the other day. Someone didn't like it. So I changed it real quick to this one. Don't worry I'll change it. I don't like it anyway. LOL

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Crested geckos are overly tame, tractable, and easy to handle. They are perfect for younger/aspiring herptologists. Part of the reason everyone loves them is because of their calm demeaner as an adult. Juvi's can be a little flighty but not to the point where you can't handle them. They come from Island forests off the coast of Australia, so they are big jumpers ard will easily leap off your hand but not in the sense that they are hard to handle.

Rapture Reptiles said:
10 reasons why Crested Geckos make great pets:

1. Crested geckos don't need crickets. (they do like them though)
2. Crested geckos a fairly slow and docile.
3. You can hold Crested geckos without causing them a lot of stress.
4. Crested geckos are beautiful reptiles that come in many different morphs.
5. The Crested gecko environment is fun to recreate and is visually appealing.
6. Crested geckos are hardy and easy to care for.
7. Crested geckos have only been here since 1994 and new morphs and bloodlines are still being discovered.
8. You can find people to help you out and answer any of your questions about crested geckos at web sites like the Pangea Reptile forums.
9. Crested geckos are affordable and easy to find.
10. Caring for crested geckos is an interesting, fun, and rewarding hobby.

Matthew Parks said:
Crested Geckos are among the most handleable of all lizards. They tolerate moderate to heavy handling even when they are relatively young

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Mvskokee said:
i was joking bro
Oh I know you were. The other was just temporary. The one I changed before it was blocked out. Nothing but a white square was showing. It was a pic of a little boy holding a beer and smoking a ciggarette and giving a peace sign. LOL I always called it a child pic of me. LOL Must not have been suitable for the site. LOL I figured it would pass but hey never know till you try. I seem to get into trouble alot with my Avatars. My Avatar ended up getting me Kicked off fauna. Well that and my smart mouth or fingers I guess in this case. LOL It's all good. I have some really funny ones but they aren't for everyone's taste. LOL
I don't mind giving you the Comic Book guys. I'll send some your way so you can have an assortment. LOL

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Sorry just Spidey and Superman. LOL
By they way. I took pics of the geckos and when I tried to down load them my camera would come back on. I tried new batteries and everything. So Until I get a new camera or get mine to turn on again. I can't do the pics of the geckos.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
That's the way it goes. Too bad most of you are too far away for a drive over. LOL Oh well when I can get some pics I'll post them. I can take some with my wifes phone. They just won't be as good.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
O.k. Guys I got them downloaded to the computer finally. I still have to size them and upload to photo shop. I will have them done and on the site by tonight. Sorry for the delays.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
The Discoids may already be spoken for. I have to count them out and see how many adults are in the group. Sammy Gregg is a good source for them. I bought some from him a year or so ago to get some fresh bloodlines. If I don't have any . He would be a good place to check with. I've got the adults separated from the nymphs . The nymphs number in the thousands I would guess. I may just sell the adults and sell the babies off as they mature. Still thinking on that one. LOL

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Well I finally got the pics fixed up. I put them in a slide show to make things easier. They are random pics I took.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd197/harveysherps/?action=view&current=ec5f6753.pbw">http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd19 ... 5f6753.pbw</a><!-- m -->

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
So does another they have already Pmed me. So Let me see what they want to do and I'll get back too you. They are really laying and doing good. I knew that deal would go over good.LOL

By the way I saw on Sammy's site that he doesn't sell many Discoids anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980