• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Picked up a new Evil SOB today.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well today i was going to pick up, what i was told to be a Water Monitor...But i believe it is a Mangrove monitor which is fine also..But he is about 2-2 and half feet or straight out fury. His nails are way to long and way to sharp. but he is very pretty, and im sure i will have tons of bite pics to show you guys as i work on handling in a couple of days. I do apologies for the crappy pics right now.. but he will not let you hold him..so i had to put him in a holding tank to get some pics, and let him chill out for a bit.
mangrove.jpg

mangrove2.jpg

mangrove3.jpg

mangrove4.jpg

mangrove1.jpg

mangrove5.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Haha so he is a Mangrove... I wasnt sure.. but i know what he isnt..and thats a water.
By the time he is done with me..ill be missing fingers.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah, i got some gloves .
haha i was just reading your pet list..a Cockapoodle what a funny word!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice! Youre arm looks like mine when I took out that never-handled tegu at LLL to see if it was healthy.

Be careful, the mangroves can give a nasty bite (as can pretty much any monitor :p)

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
yeah, i got some gloves .
haha i was just reading your pet list..a Cockapoodle what a funny word!

a cockapoodle is a cross bred dog between a cockaspaniel and a poodle, his name is cookie

ZEKE

5 Year Member
nice lexi! i like that last pic a lot! he looks so curious.

did you get the uro also or were they not from the same person?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well i got some better pics of him, when i moved him into alittle bigger tank, Man he is freakin STRONG!
but here is a couple more pics, to get a better look at him..
Iv noticed he is missing some nails..and will be missing 2 toes very soon.. His tail is all there which is good..Im in hopes that i can save his 2 toes tho.
mangrove10.jpg

mangrove11.jpg

mangrove12.jpg

mangrove9.jpg

mangrove8.jpg

mangrove7.jpg

mangrove6.jpg

mangrove13.jpg

Oh and Zeke to answer your question, he didnt bring the baby Uro.. So i have to pick it up later tonight.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
oh okay. post pics of the uro when you get it :)

how big is the monitor and what size tank is that? i cant really tell from the pics. he is cute tho!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Of course i will!!
But SOB (i named the monitor that) Is 2-3 feet somwhere in that neck of the woods.. cant really measure him right now cause he'll eat me.
And the tank is what i believe to be a 125 gallon long. I have a 150 gallon wide that i would like to put him in, but i have to do some switching and moving tanks before he goes in that one.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mangrove's get to be about 5 feet...depending on if he is a male or female..Females are smaller then males.

dicy

5 Year Member
nice indicus got anny idea whut localty it is ? cuz size varies between localtys they r verry nice looking monitors tho p.s. u migth need welding gloves for when it gets bigger :D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guys for the help..i know how to keep these guys. The 2nd link you gave there Jor was really interesting to read!

jor71

5 Year Member
No prob Lexi......by that image you must be a Gears of War fan; I am looking forward to 11/7 for the Gears 2!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dicy said:
nice indicus got anny idea whut localty it is ? cuz size varies between localtys they r verry nice looking monitors tho p.s. u migth need welding gloves for when it gets bigger :D
I dont know the localty, the guy told me it was a water monitor LOL.
And i have a pair of welding gloves thank god.

Jor whats your GamerTag?? ill love to kick your butt on some gears!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980