• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pics of Daves' Blues,..

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
Thanks, Ash. I feed him daily. He gets my monster turkey mix 4 days a week. This is basically Bobby's recipie for raw ground turkey with added beef liver, cod liver oil and some Miner-All. Maybe I should get some vitamins as well so I can alternate. On the other three days he gets whole prey. Bobby convinced me how beneficial it was for the to get whole prey throughout their lives. I feed him 2 or 3 small mice on these days. They are his favorite days. When he gets bigger I may try quail or chicks for variation. I also offer fruits with the meat as often as I can. Size matter to me when it comes to gu's! I also do two daily water changes and have a Mega-Ray 160 inside the enclosure. He looks very bright under it.

Anyone else want to explain their feeding methods?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tupinambisfamiliaris said:
Please stay on topic. That has been discussed in many threads. You'd get more responses if you posted in one of them.

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
since we are showing off how good Dave's Blues look :-D ... these are some updated pics of Bloo... She "slowed down" for about a week or 2 then when I finally got the point and stopped attempting to feed her so often she went back to her normal piggish ways. The toilet pic was taken today... I cannot find my measuring tape but she is close to if not a bit over 4 feet and she is HEAVY...

Attachments

• bloo1.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 7
  • bloo3.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • bloo5.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 7

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
just a couple more pics... these are less recent... but still very cute imo... FYI a tegu that enjoys resting on your head as a baby will most likely not grow out of that habit without ANY consideration regardless of age or weight... I now know this and cannot do anything to stop her, but I dont mind that much because I have hair...imagine if i was bald :nono

Attachments

• bloo4.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 6
  • bloo6.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 6

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Yea she is definitely over 4 lbs... I'll measure her once I find the tape but she was 3.5 for her 1st bday (Oct. 26th) and she has shed about 2-3 times since.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice,...I know what you mean with the head thing. They tend to seek out the highest point. I use to let Dino do it when he was smaller,..now that he's bigger he still tries but :grno not gonna happen. So there's no way I'm letting Tricky and my baby blue get into the habit. Even though they try every chance they get. :-D

tupinambisfamiliaris

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
tupinambisfamiliaris said:
Please stay on topic. That has been discussed in many threads. You'd get more responses if you posted in one of them.

My bad, Dave. I can get a little overexcited talking blues and seeing all of the "family pictures" here.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
Took a few pics of him today. I have been calling him a "her" for a while now, even had him named a girl name, but found out the other day that "she" is actually a he! At 2.5' and 1" you can now feel and almost see the spurs. Anyway here are some eating pics from earlier.
Photo0181.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0206.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0199.jpg

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Cali 202 said:
Took a few pics of him today. I have been calling him a "her" for a while now, even had him named a girl name, but found out the other day that "she" is actually a he! At 2.5' and 1" you can now feel and almost see the spurs. Anyway here are some eating pics from earlier.
Photo0181.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0206.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0199.jpg
He looks awsome! I love when they stand up with their chin high, they look like little pit bulls! How do I post my pictures like yours?

Cali 202

5 Year Member
goodtimes said:
He looks awsome! I love when they stand up with their chin high, they look like little pit bulls! How do I post my pictures like yours?
Thanks! I love when they stand up like that too, Marley always does it after he drinks. I just upload my pics to photobucket, auto re-size medium, and copy/ paste the IMG code.

goodtimes

5 Year Member
Thanks for the tip on photo uploading. DaveDragon just gave me advice and a link on "how to upload photos from photobucket", Dave rocks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029