• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

R.I.P Zeus

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I respecting Zeus he is getting a proper burial in my yard and all trust I'm ready also and I appreciate everyone

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I honestly don't think you're ready for a tegu. Besides what the above posts says, I would like to add that baths are NOT necessary if you have a proper setup. I think they not only stress the animal out but also are clearly dangerous if improperly done. I hate to be mean but you caused the death of the first one. Why rush into another? I don't see the rationale behind your thinking in the I need another approach. You screwed up and it is time to take responsibility and ensure that you actually know what you're doing to the point that you can properly care for another.

Steven.

I dont understand why everyone getting on him so much. If he knows he's ready for one. Then he's ready for one. People live and people learn. Im almost 100% sure that his next tegu Will get bath with supervision. Everyone just need to stop discouraging the dude and help him through his lose. Mistakes happen. That's it

sent from my phone to your eyes

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Some mistakes are easy to write off as little things that went drastically wrong. Leaving a child to supervise a tegu and its water temperature is incredibly unsafe. It was a MAJOR mistake that led to a death. He "knew" he was ready for one yet clearly wasn't. I doubt his level of readiness has changed in the last 24 hours. Baths are not necessary if proper humidity levels are maintained.

KABIKANO

I feel u Steve but just want dude to know leaving Zeus unattended with hot ass water running only with a kid there is a no no. Like I said, not trippin on him just want him aware. Thats all.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I know I was wrong for leaving him.UN supervised and never again will I ever ever

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I give my tegu baths, but usually because they are going to a show and I need them clean. The water is still before they go in, barely lukewarm, and covers their feet or so. It's just enough for water to get splashed over and for them to poo, but not deep enough for swimming. If the babies need soaking for a shed, they are in a rubbermaid with about 1/2" water and water splashed over them. If any water is going to absorbed (which it can), it is going to be through the cloaca, not the skin.

It's a tough lesson and I'm sorry to hear about your little friend. I can't count the numerous mistakes I've made through the years. All we can do is learn from them and move on. In the best case scenario, it allows others to learn with us.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I always give him the same bath I think he had a seizure or went into shock because when I ran to grab him he was just flipping around in the water the in my hand so I put him in his basking spot which he still flipped on his back and then tongue came out smh damn :(

kymzilla

Strange to see so many people say baths stress your Gu's out. Our 2 columbians seem perfectly fine with baths they float and swim and paddle around.

Also, so sorry for your loss. If i found one of ours passed away, i'd cry.
I dont know what ill do when all my babies eventually get to that day.....=[

Steven.

Re: RE: R.I.P Zeus

laurarfl said:
I give my tegu baths, but usually because they are going to a show and I need them clean. The water is still before they go in, barely lukewarm, and covers their feet or so. It's just enough for water to get splashed over and for them to poo, but not deep enough for swimming. If the babies need soaking for a shed, they are in a rubbermaid with about 1/2" water and water splashed over them. If any water is going to absorbed (which it can), it is going to be through the cloaca, not the skin.

It's a tough lesson and I'm sorry to hear about your little friend. I can't count the numerous mistakes I've made through the years. All we can do is learn from them and move on. In the best case scenario, it allows others to learn with us.

I agree with Laura 100%. My baths are only during shed or to clean them up. But live and learn my fellow friends.

Steven.

chitodadon said:
Thank u Steven and laura

My pleasure buddy. Just remember theses guys are like new born kids. If you keep that in mind.. You'll be a great dad and have a healthy strong tegu. I wish you the best of luck. Im here if you need me.

DavidRosi

Sorry to hear that, I'd be absolutely distraught if I lost my lad... I personally never bathe him; his living humidities have always meant he's shedded perfectly and he tends to "wash" himself in his water bowl every day or every couple days.

Again; sorry to hear about what happened, live and learn.

KABIKANO

Its gonna take some time. I love all my pets to the fullest and its always hard to lose one. Keep your head up, it will get better but u need to go through the grieving process. If u need anything just ask. I may have kame off like a **** before but its only kuz i got love for animals. Be easy...

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Its all Hood homie I feel the sane for all my pets and others

Steven.

KABIKANO said:
Its gonna take some time. I love all my pets to the fullest and its always hard to lose one. Keep your head up, it will get better but u need to go through the grieving process. If u need anything just ask. I may have kame off like a **** before but its only kuz i got love for animals. Be easy...

chitodadon said:

Aww we all ganstas in this place lol.

KABIKANO

Steven. said:
KABIKANO said:

chitodadon said:

Aww we all ganstas in this place lol.

Oh you think you funny mutha flower? Hmm? Aight then, NO XTREME BLUE FIRE for you Steve!!! What you think about that? Not laughing now is you? Huh?

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Lol thanks I needed that laugh and I know Zeus is laughing too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu