• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Steve is gone

ReptileGuy

So basically I was filling up Steve's sterilite bathing bin and while this was happening he was on my lap while i read a book. In that short amount of time he stealthily climbed off my lap. When I looked to find him I saw his tail sticking out of a opening in the built-in sink/cabinet (the type you see in most bathrooms).....I went to grab him and he quickly scurried in. I'm really worried it might be connected open to the wall and he got in :O I'm really freaking out right now and arranged for the handy-man to come tomorrow to help us. So far I have tried putting food at the entrance, and banging the walls to try and scare him out. So far no luck...Any ideas?? I'm flippin. I feel so stupid.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh no!!!! How horrible! Do you keep any items in his cage that he loves...maybe things that have a scent he'd recognize? Also...a light or heating pad may attract him to want to bask/warm up? Just a couple ideas...if you place these things near where he went in I mean...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Deac77

5 Year Member
Omg I'm so sorry! Kirby got into the wall we had to cut a chunk of sheet rock to get him out!! Just keep a eye on him put some food and a basking light out and try an keep it quite maybe he will come out then again he may be so stressed in the wall he won't move like Kirby did and stay out it'll be ok bud!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
How my I hope u find him good luck I would pop off the bottom panel to the sink

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

ReptileGuy

BatGirl1 said:
Oh no!!!! How horrible! Do you keep any items in his cage that he loves...maybe things that have a scent he'd recognize? Also...a light or heating pad may attract him to want to bask/warm up? Just a couple ideas...if you place these things near where he went in I mean...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Definitely am gonna try his favorite hide! as well as a basking spot. Thanks for the idea!! And thanks for the support :)

chitodadon said:
How my I hope u find him good luck I would pop off the bottom panel to the sink

He is in the gap space of the sink and the wall...the problem is i cant pinpoint where he is in the wall :O

Deac77 said:
Omg I'm so sorry! Kirby got into the wall we had to cut a chunk of sheet rock to get him out!! Just keep a eye on him put some food and a basking light out and try an keep it quite maybe he will come out then again he may be so stressed in the wall he won't move like Kirby did and stay out it'll be ok bud!

Definitely gonna try anything at this point...thanks for all the help :)

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Turn off the lights except for the basking light and put his favorite food and hide in front of it

ReptileGuy

chitodadon said:
Turn off the lights except for the basking light and put his favorite food and hide in front of it

Thats what I'm currently trying to do. If that doesn't work we are just gonna tank a little chunk out.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
If u do take it hot little by little just be quiet and carefully good luck

ReptileGuy

TegusRawsome80 said:
Yup. Waiting for the handyman is giving him at least 12-15 hours to roam around in the wall. That's not exactly ideal.

We don't know if he can even get into the wall....And the handy man cant come until tomorrow. I'm trying my best. He is pretty much brumating so I don't he is gonna go far.

ReptileGuy

Deac77 said:
Dude our tegus are not just brothers they are identical

This is crazy.....The only thing that has to happen to you now is Kirby jumps at you and you cut your arm on chicken wire :p ;) LOL

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I understand that you are trying your best and have been there but 12-15 hours is a LONG time. Do your parents have any construction experience? I do have a story of hope for you. When I was 9 years old I had a bearded dragon that had the original name of Dragon. He was a big boy so we thought he couldn't squeeze out of the cage we had for him to sun in. However, he did one day and we couldn't find him. I live in an area with lots of small lizards that he could have eaten but I had given up hope and didn't really understand their natural diet at the time. I got a new lizard with a new original name, Beardie, after 2 months. 4 months after the original escape my mom found him basking in our driveway. He had grown 2 inches and had gotten significantly heavier. Evidently, he had found the local lizard population extremely beneficial. The moral of this story is not to give up hope, because anything is possible. However, you should act as quickly as possible because the longer he is missing, the farther he could be going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980