• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Steve is gone

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree a vet appointment isnt necessary. If it were me, I would still take him to the vet just to be on the safe side. It's always possible he got into/ate something he shouldn't have. If you choose to skip the vet just keep a close eye on him for a little while. I don't want to cause too much worry but there have been members who lost their tegu then found their tegu but it ended up dying. I hope you get him back safely!

ReptileGuy

I'm definitely taking him to the vet if something is off...But it was confirmed he couldn't of gotten into the wall, so therefor he is just inbetween two pieces of wood. No nails, wires, anything.

Murkve

james.w said:
Why would he need a vet appointment??

If it were me I would just to play it safe. Who knows what's inside those walls that a tegu could conceivably swallow - nails/screws, pieces of insulation, wood, bugs w/ parasites. The lizard could also have a fall inside the wall and break some internal bones. I don't know - maybe keep an eye on it for a couple days - but in my opinion the biggest danger is not external injuries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980