• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Stolen animals from Ben Siegel Reptiles.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Well, you all may not like what I have to say, but a motive is a motive. It is not unreasonable to suspect a scam when someone has a strong motive to perpetrate one. Whether it is from being sued for divorce or possibly negligence or wrongful death. I would like PocketFullofTegus to know that I am aware of the danger of getting my eyes chewed out by hedgehogs, so I will be sure to wear goggles when cage cleaning and sleep with my bedroom door locked.

[attachment=5774]Damn you, PocketFullOfTegus! Oh, the irony!

Attachments

• tumblr_lq6wb421ij1qza0fjo1_500_thumb.jpg
    tumblr_lq6wb421ij1qza0fjo1_500_thumb.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 10

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Lol to pic...sorry.haha.(I've never used the term lol before...what is happening to me???? ) :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Don't be afraid to laugh, BatGirl1, take the apple. Indulge in your guilty pleasure!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know what you mean about having a motive, Dubya. I don't want to assassinate someone's character or talk about their personal life when they aren't here to defend themselves. But word is Stacey has them, so no hidden asset theory there.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
laurarfl said:
I know what you mean about having a motive, Dubya. I don't want to assassinate someone's character or talk about their personal life when they aren't here to defend themselves. But word is Stacey has them, so no hidden asset theory there.

Ok, Laura. I'll spare him my wrath.

DavidRosi

Dubya. You're not British, clearly, but you'd fit right in with your comments. I don't think what you said is wrong, don't think it's right... Don't think it's my business to get involved either or; freedom of speech and all that malarkey.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I want a 2 headed snake... is this phenomenon a common defect?

( yep...that's what popped out at me during all of these fun and games ;) )

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:

http://youtu.be/7dCWEb1umUA

Waddya know?! only $50,000. And from Ben Siegel Reptiles! Hold out a bit till the divorce and you could probably knock off a couple dozen grand from that price. I'd like a double headed snapping turtle myself. But I only have about $500 to spend. Maybe I can win one in a roach eating contest or something.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Stolen animals from Ben Siegel Reptiles.

Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:

http://youtu.be/7dCWEb1umUA

Waddya know?! only $50,000. And from Ben Siegel Reptiles! Hold out a bit till the divorce and you could probably knock off a couple dozen grand from that price. I'd like a double headed snapping turtle myself. But I only have about $500 to spend. Maybe I can win one in a roach eating contest or something.

That is...if you don't 'choke '...(oh god.did I go there? ) :p

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is not common and I think he paid...15K??? Can't remember. It was hatched by Sunshine Serpents. It's priced at 50K because it is not really for sale, but if someone really offered that much, then you would probably sell it, right?? The same thing with Underground's Purple Tiger tegu that was priced for $7500. I asked why he didn't hold it back. He told me that he didn't want to sell it, it was just on display. But if someone was crazy enough to pay that much, then he would sell.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I'm wondering if there is a way to purposely get two headed snakes...like I wonder what gene or defect occurs and why....(insert mad scientist laugh here) .i of course would not want to produce animals that were unable to eat or live full lives...I'm just curious what happens either in the parent snake or egg level that would create such an amazing thing :)

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Batgirl1,

First, I would get 2 breeders. Then, I would gut load the feeder animals with whatever people eat in South America (they still spray crops woth DDT). After a few tries you might get lucky. Crazy things happen down there.
[attachment=5791]
Just look at Jose and jos-B.

Attachments

• article-2076954-0F3E639800000578-49_468x620.jpg
    article-2076954-0F3E639800000578-49_468x620.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh god...haha. I can't see the image for some reason dubya..
But I an only imagine... :)

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
Oh god...haha. I can't see the image for some reason dubya..
But I an only imagine... :)

It's very sad, really. All the money that their mom would have saved on shoes will have to be spent on hats.

GREEN LONGTAIL

In the end there will be some kind of litigation. The decedent left 2 children, a divorced widow, and no alimony or child support. Any animals worth anything will be changed into cash assets. Not to sure what the benefit of a divorce is or the attempt to hide livestock by claiming a break in, but its quite convenient.

These attornies representing the decedents family , I am sure will gather as much information as they can on what monies can be obtained from a suit. The corp. will become defuct, the principles will probably be suit individually, the insurance company will deny any claim liability becaouse of off store hour entertainment... A real mess.

Very poor decision by Siegel. His business was dwindling, and I guess he thought this kind of after hours advertising would generate some income, backfired. It will be interesteing to see how this develops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980