• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The day has come!Enclosure is finished!(extremely pic HEAVY)

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Just finished my new enclosure for Asami today, and I wanted to show it off :roon Figured I'd start from the begining and show everyone my process. Maybe it'll help others. Hope you enjoy :-D

Picture038.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture861.jpg

Picture862.jpg

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/jmiles50/Asami/Picture860.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... ure860.jpg</a><!-- m -->[/img]
Picture859.jpg

Picture863.jpg

Picture864.jpg

Picture868.jpg

Picture876.jpg

Picture878.jpg

Picture877.jpg

Picture875.jpg

Picture879-1.jpg

Picture882.jpg

Picture886.jpg

Picture885.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture167.jpg

Picture170.jpg

Picture171.jpg

Picture922.jpg

Picture905.jpg

Picture907.jpg

Picture909.jpg

Picture910.jpg

Picture917.jpg

Picture918.jpg

Picture926.jpg

Picture928.jpg

Picture930.jpg

Picture931.jpg

Well,that's it :!: Hope everyone enjoyed :-D

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Thanks sooooooooo much everyone :!: First thing, I have to give alot of the credit for this thing to Mr.RehabRalphy :!: Without his tutorial It wouldn't be this nice :!: Thanks bro, you ROCK :roon The hide I have in there is just from my local herp store(Arizona Reptile Center). They're awesome there, and always very helpful!

p.s.thanks Redearth, I'll keep that in mind and see what I can do about the exposed romex(if it becomes an issue) :-D

Beasty

5 Year Member
Really nice! I'll be building here soon too. I've got to wait to move I think though.
So in the next couple weeks, it'll happen.(finally) I think I'll do something similar but insulated with paint on the inside and stain on the outside...maybe, we'll see how much cash appears at the the time. :lol:
Nice work!

wanderlei

5 Year Member
Hi, great job...looks fantastic! Can you tell me how much your enclosure weighs, did you use sheet rock and if so,where, what thickness plywood, and what was the type of paint that you used? Thank you for your time.

Derek

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I don't know how much it weigh's, but it's gotta be 300-400 lbs(with substrate and everything in it). It's really heavy, but I cant be completely sure. I didn't use any sheetrock, just 5/8in. plywood and 2x4's. The measurments are 3x3x6. I first used Killz primor to seal it, and then I used a glossy coat for the inside and a matte coat on the outside. I used the glossy for the inside because I help it add's to help seal it. Any other question's feel free to ask.

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
It looks really good i am trying to figure out how i want to build my tegu's cage i have built 3 beardie cages that are 4x2x2 i will probably use the same setup just make it bigger.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Wow, you did a great job! I love it!

That seems to be right, weight-wise. I have a Boamaster 7x3x3 enclosure for my tegu and it's 350 lbs!

31drew31

5 Year Member
Looks really good man! Thats pretty much exactly what im about to build. Just a question though. I see you only used one stud on the bottom, with the weight of the substrate do you think that will be enough support it and not have it rot out the plywood and break through? Im just trying to figure out how I wanna do my bottom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029