• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The day has come!Enclosure is finished!(extremely pic HEAVY)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
31drew31 said:
Looks really good man! Thats pretty much exactly what im about to build. Just a question though. I see you only used one stud on the bottom, with the weight of the substrate do you think that will be enough support it and not have it rot out the plywood and break through? Im just trying to figure out how I wanna do my bottom.

Well Ill just say this, I did an 8x4x3 with the same tutorial (its on the site in the enclosure section), and I used alot of support on the bottom and top so I could put alot in it and on top of it. Now his cage isnt as wide or long so im sure that one support is fine, unless he plans on putting stuff on top. Never hurts to add more than needed just incase. As for the wood rotting away, that is what the KILZ2 primer is for, it seals the wood allowing it to be unaffected by water/humidity and reduces chipping, along with the glossy coat of paint. Wont have to worry about those things. And again Jmiles, awesome job man !

carcharios

5 Year Member
Is the intention of this cage something that he can hibernate in as well or are you going to move him into another bin for those purposes?

Carcharios

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
31drew31 said:
Looks really good man! Thats pretty much exactly what im about to build. Just a question though. I see you only used one stud on the bottom, with the weight of the substrate do you think that will be enough support it and not have it rot out the plywood and break through? Im just trying to figure out how I wanna do my bottom.

Well Ill just say this, I did an 8x4x3 with the same tutorial (its on the site in the enclosure section), and I used alot of support on the bottom and top so I could put alot in it and on top of it. Now his cage isnt as wide or long so im sure that one support is fine, unless he plans on putting stuff on top. Never hurts to add more than needed just incase. As for the wood rotting away, that is what the KILZ2 primer is for, it seals the wood allowing it to be unaffected by water/humidity and reduces chipping, along with the glossy coat of paint. Wont have to worry about those things. And again Jmiles, awesome job man !

Correct, so far I've had this cage for about 2 years outside now. Doing just fine, no chipping. The removable "sun roof" door is warping a bit, but that's because of it being so flimsy, not because of paint issues.

I believe I used 5 supports on the bottom. Only 1 on top. More is way better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029