• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Varanus gouldii

clarock

5 Year Member
gouldi doesnt come only from australia they can be found in papua..and they are different, i dont know exactly but i think the pattern is different..sorry if im mistake.

dicy

5 Year Member
this info must be ok to go by <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mampam.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=76">http://www.mampam.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=76</a><!-- m -->

ludo b

5 Year Member
Re:

clarock said:
gouldi doesnt come only from australia they can be found in papua..and they are different, i dont know exactly but i think the pattern is different..sorry if im mistake.

Varanus gouldii comes strictly from Australia.
Varanus panoptes is found in papua.
The use of terme "gouldii" is eronus ands refers to the "gouldi complex".
The true gouldii have the tip of tale bright yelow.
Yours is a panoptes.

Terry

5 Year Member
varanus panoptes hornii is from NG
varanus panoptes ponaptes is from AUS
varanus panoptes rubidus is from AUS

The common nake for them is Argus monitor.

The lizard in these pictures are Varanus panoptes hornii. These are starting to be bred more now in the US and can be bought for $150-$250 from breeders.

varanus gouldii gouldii is from AUS
varanus gouldii flavirfus is from AUS

The common name for these are sand monitor. Very few are bred in captivity and when are, are normally $600-$1000.

I use to own a varanus panoptes hornii, one of very few in Canada. And it was probably the coolest lizard ever. But grow alot faster then tegu's do and eat alot more then tegu's do.

Picture423.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214