• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Very Stuck Tail Shed

Lizardess

Stuck shed is a pain in the butt. I have been giving frequent baths and scrubbing lightly with a soft toothbrush and using coconut oil, and it's not coming off anywhere near as much as it should. My female is laying under a warm, slightly damp towel right now on my bed with me, plus her favorite fleece blanket after soaking in a warm bath for about 15 minutes. If that shed doesn't come off soon, she'd going to start getting hour long soaks in a big tub with drilled ventilation holes (at least until that stuck shed comes off!).

Lizardess

Dante isn't a fan of sitting with a warm, damp tail wrap on. With her it's either soak her in the bathtub, or soak her in a huge rubbermaid storage container with drilled ventilation holes in the lid to make sure she doesn't climb out. I've been working on it as she will let me, but I've been sick for almost two weeks, so I haven't been up to doing much.

Lizardess

Working on it. I've been in bed for the most part during that time. This bug has really been kicking my butt! Miss Dante is up on the bed with me and hubby now, and hubby is picking at her tail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu