• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

behavior

yumeze

Questions: My tegu is always buried. Even though I have a UVB light, will she still come out when she needs it? I just bought a ceramic heater for at night. Can I place it near the substrate? Its cypress mulch and she is always so cold in the am. Also, since she is always buried, I fell as though I am making her upset and disturbing her when I dig her out a day to feed or hold. She isn't aggressive at all but I feel like it may make her if she doesnt like being brought out.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
never dig them out or take them from their hide, that is their space. what are the temps in the cage? ambient, basking, night time, cool end?

kellen.watkins

Give her more time and I gotta back james up she's under there looking for safety you should let her have that, if your paranoid about cage aggression it doesn't hurt to cage feed temporarily :) but mainly give her time and prove to her your not a threat :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aselph