• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with sexing

Sirhc401

So we still do not know for sure if odin is male or female. so maybe by some pics some of you guys could give a better idea as to what gender odin is. hoping male but love him/her all the same. thanks for the help :)
IMG_9653.jpg
IMG_6571.jpg
IMG_3433.jpg

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Still can't feel the BB's? He looks about the size that they start showing up. Looks like a male but the BB's would confirm it. Keep an eye out when he's taking big craps, I've seen my male gu's expose their hemipenes when they do.

Sirhc401

When I got him the breeder had said based on head size and looks she predicted a male but could not confirm I'm keeping an an eye out for the hemipenes but he is unpredictable and quick when he poops. And he does not like going in water. So we know a general time when he goes but he moves fast. As for the bb's I Am not so sure yet, he moves around a lot unless I use both hands to hold him and I had my girlfriend look under him and take pictures but he is going through a growth spurt and shedding continuously. Hopefully we will find evidence soon

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah look for the bumps on each side under vent like mentioned,plus the head looks like male to me from my exsperience with the tegus i've owned.

Sirhc401

That's what I have heard. But have not seen first hand the difference between them. I apriciate you sharing your opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aselph