• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Loosing a toe

Aardbark

5 Year Member
I was looking at Zilla today and noticed one of her rear pinky toes looks dark red almost black, so I looked closer and it looks like its dead. I dont know what happend, it was fine a few days ago when I inspected her during her bath. It looks like the bone is broken and there is a scab on the underside of the toe that is bleeding a little bit. It looks like the toe is just dangleing by the skin. It doesnt seem to bother her, she is still very active every day.

Is there anything I can do to save her toe? Or should I just let it fall off? What should I do?

I dont have a good enough camera to take a detailed picture of it.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Uptate: I took her to the vet, who gave me a perscription for antibotics, and a solution to soak her foot in. And that the toe will most likely fall off.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Thanks guys. Im still not sure how it happened, but all I can do now is try to make sure she doenst get sick. I gotta sneak little pills into her meatballs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutz4tegus